Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transcoded file no video but audio good

Transcoded file no video but audio good

Frist, cool utility. I can tell you spent many long days and nights on it. The documentation is great as well. I now have SD dvb recordings in .ts format. I am just trying to get transcoding working to the MVP for the first time. I followed the wiki instructions the best I could. I am missing on where to set "interact with desktop". I can't find where to set that.

Anyway, I tried to view a .ts file from the MVP. I got the "Sorry" video. I then manually launched Ztranscode and pointed to the .ts file and hit go. It transcoded it to mpeg and I can view the file on the PC and during the transcode in ztranscode. When I select the mpeg file from the MVP, I get sound but no video.

Any ideas?
    Server= Asus M3A78-EM, 4 gigs ram, AMD A64 5200+, Windows 7 home premium 32, 1 HVR-1800, 1 PCH A-100, Test Rig, Biostar 880g+, AMD X2 260, 4 gb ram, Windows, 7 Home Premium 32, 1 DCR-2650 cablecard tuner

Found the interact with desktop. I looked at services 3 times before I found it. Sorry.
    Server= Asus M3A78-EM, 4 gigs ram, AMD A64 5200+, Windows 7 home premium 32, 1 HVR-1800, 1 PCH A-100, Test Rig, Biostar 880g+, AMD X2 260, 4 gb ram, Windows, 7 Home Premium 32, 1 DCR-2650 cablecard tuner

I tried things in ztranscode and found that if I select one of my .ts files, either HD or SD, and then choose the 2mpg profile, I can transcode them to mpeg and they will play back on the MVP. But if I choose the same file (.ts) from the MVP, it just goes black and then kicks me out to the mvpmc start screen. Any thoughts? Is there a way to make .ts files always use that profile, or is there a reason not to do that? My goal would be not to pretranscode them and to be able just to "watch" .ts files. Also my final goal would be to do this with live tv, but that is secondary for the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    I tried things in ztranscode and found that if I select one of my .ts files, either HD or SD, and then choose the 2mpg profile, I can transcode them to mpeg and they will play back on the MVP. But if I choose the same file (.ts) from the MVP, it just goes black and then kicks me out to the mvpmc start screen. Any thoughts? Is there a way to make .ts files always use that profile, or is there a reason not to do that? My goal would be not to pretranscode them and to be able just to "watch" .ts files. Also my final goal would be to do this with live tv, but that is secondary for the moment.

Thanks
    Hi

If it will transcode using the 2MPG profile then try this:

In configuration, select the 4ts profile, then the *2mpg template, then click reset and then save...

That way whenever you try to view a TS file, ZTranscode (which should always be calling the 4ts profile) will use the values you normally have with 2MPG.

---

BUT, A couple of questions... Is ZProcess/ZTranscode working correctly with regular downloaded AVIs(divx/xvid)?

When you manually open a TS file, Does ZTranscode find all the information (dimensions, codecs, muxes etc)
    (Hint: to see the extra detail, double-click on an empty grey (sweet spot) on the form (somewhere to the left of the Start Button))

---
    To all, I apologize to everyone trying out TS and having trouble... I really think in most cases we will be able to get this sorted, but I think it might be time for me to sort out a different strategy for File Transcode Profiles... I'm just getting familiar with .net right now, and I don't doubt I'll be coming up with something soon...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Frank, No need to ever apologize. You are helping us in huge ways, on this and your other projects and the wiki work. I will go back and look using what you just said. For the moment, my problem is live tv only runs for about 15 seconds then stops, and my recorded files play back in Spanish! (instead of English like they do on the server). I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks

Frank, No need to ever apologize. You are helping us in huge ways, on this and your other projects and the wiki work. I will go back and look using what you just said. For the moment, my problem is live tv only runs for about 15 seconds then stops, and my recorded files play back in Spanish! (instead of English like they do on the server). I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks
    Live_TV would not involve ZProcess at all. GB-PVR would start a MPG caprure on the server, that you would view...

The multi-language: You say that it is recorded content, from where? OTA?

Well then someone else might be able to point out the solution, but it seems that GB-PVR isn't picking the right audio channel before it serves it to the MVP...
    Frank Z

Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    Live_TV would not involve ZProcess at all. GB-PVR would start a MPG caprure on the server, that you would view...

The multi-language: You say that it is recorded content, from where? OTA?

Well then someone else might be able to point out the solution, but it seems that GB-PVR isn't picking the right audio channel before it serves it to the MVP...

HMMM, first this is a dvbs source (SD). When I select live tv on the MVP it starts zprocess and it plays on the MVP for several seconds. I will pull logs together tomorrow. I see it start in the tray on the server and it is in the logs. My thought is that pvrx2 starts recording in .ts since I am using ts-mux, so then zprocess is intercepting it

The recorded content is also from DVBS. It is recorded in mpeg-ts. As I noted, it plays fine in English using pvrx2 on the server but it is in Spanish on the MVP after it is transcoded. I am using mencoder but it also does it on your test screen with ffmpeg. When I click on the sweet spot, it shows all the info and it seems right to me, but I am not sure. Down at the bottom on the output side, I can select all 4 language channels and it never changes off of Spanish. I will keep playing with it.

Depending on what ZProcess is doing I added functionality in emulation mode to loop through some standard mpeg audio tracks. Hitting Go then Mute will cycle through 0xc0 - 0xc1 - 0x80 if they are there.

Martin

HMMM, first this is a dvbs source (SD). When I select live tv on the MVP it starts zprocess and it plays on the MVP for several seconds. I will pull logs together tomorrow. I see it start in the tray on the server and it is in the logs. My thought is that pvrx2 starts recording in .ts since I am using ts-mux, so then zprocess is intercepting it

The recorded content is also from DVBS. It is recorded in mpeg-ts. As I noted, it plays fine in English using pvrx2 on the server but it is in Spanish on the MVP after it is transcoded. I am using mencoder but it also does it on your test screen with ffmpeg. When I click on the sweet spot, it shows all the info and it seems right to me, but I am not sure. Down at the bottom on the output side, I can select all 4 language channels and it never changes off of Spanish. I will keep playing with it.
    Sorry, I thought you had your recordings already in MPG format... Of course you want to transcode TS files...

@Martin, I don't believe I'm passing that info yet... (and my plates pretty full at the moment, so won't be looking into it yet...)

If I remember I was playing with settings where a person could pre-choose the deafult audio track..

@SoccerDad, could y9ou make available a short clip that has both audio tracks? Use this tool sub wrote to give me a a few MB. Please select something with lip sync...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...46&postcount=2
    Frank Z

Wow I must be braindead. I read your last post uploaded the file, wrote my post and then must have closed it without actually posting. Here is a file that plays in Spanish using ztranscode and in English using pvrx2 and on vlc. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVBHP6W9 I also noticed that it plays in Spanish when viewing the INPUT as well on ztranscode. I am using mencoder but it also does it on ffmpeg.