Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bda error message - cannot configure HDHR

filters - sound

All right! I had installed an MPA decoder but the AC3 filter did the trick. Thank you so much for your help.

All that's left is to schedule regular updates.

I do have one more question - I am thinking of buying a NAS device. Do you think that my 10/100 network and CAT5 cable is adequate for recording to and playing back from a remote network device?

Jim

I dont know. I record to a local drive.

updateepg.bat - feeling stupid

I have read the wiki, a number of forum posts, done a number of searches, browsed my folders and feel like I know less than when I started! I don't even know if SchedulesDirect may be updating every night without my doing anything.

I do not have "updateepg.bat" in my GBPVR folder. I do not seem to have a C:/EPG folder. I do not know if SchedulesDirect is its own "grabber" I do not know what to put in a batch file. All I want to do is have it update every night. As someone said in one of the threads - "set it and forget it".

Obviously, I have Schedules Direct. I also have HDHomerun. I have this on a network and plan on putting GB_PVR on another machine, too. (Once, I get it configured properly). Will I need to stagger the update times?

Thanks,

Jim

If your capture sources have the 'epg source' set to Schedules Direct, then you dont need to run any batch files - it does everything automatically.

update

Great!

Thanks - and thanks, again for all of your help. I was really discouraged...

Jim

Stupid - revisited

Sub,

Everything is great on the first machine. I came up to get this one going and I am having the same problems over again. I have installed vcredist_x86, .NET 2.0, MPA decoder, AC3 Filter, changed the BDA.ini file to reflect 1014BD0E device ID and ATSC format. I have rescanned channels in the HDHR, signed up to schedulesDirect, tried renaming the device number in the settings, removed and reloaded the EPG. I have compared the BDA.ini from both machines and the filter logs. I am stumped.

I have attached the filter log and the error message that I get when I try to map the channels.

Again, any help is appreciated - you've been incredibly patient.

Jim

Capital STUPID

Sub,

I hate it that I wasted your time. I just went over the BDA.ini file again and I had a typo - I can't believe it!

It's scanned now - and I have mapped all the channels. It's working fine!

Thanks,

Jim
    Last edited by jnikora; 2009-02-08 at 09:14 PM.