Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bda error message - cannot configure HDHR

bda error message - cannot configure HDHR

I downloaded GB_PVR this morning and have been at it ever since. When I try to configure the capture device, i.e. scan and map channels. I get an error message that my BDAs are either not configured properly or are in use by another program.

I have tried downloading codecs, re loading the BDAs via HDHR, rescanning channels in HDHR, viewing the error log (which makes no sense to me) and five hours worth of other stuff that I can't remember off hand. I am completely frustrated.

I have:

Intel 865 PERL MoBo
    P4 2.8GHz
    1024 Mb
    EVGA FX6200 video w/256Mb
    WINXP SP3
    .NET 2.0
    Visual Basic redistributable (or whatever it is that is mentioned as a requirement)
    HDHomerun v.2 with the latest firmware (configured for GB_PVR)
    ScheduleDirect.com account

I have followed all the instructions but have arrived nowhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

Did you replace the XXXXXXXX's with your device ID for the bda.ini entry? If so, run filtercheck.exe and zip and post the filtercheck.log along with your bda.ini

bda.ini

This is what is in the BDA,INI file

[HDHomeRun Tuner #1]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
    RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
    FILTER_RECEIVER=Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 12101040-0
    PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Input0
    PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=Output1

[HDHomeRun Tuner #2]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-C
    RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
    FILTER_RECEIVER=Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 12101040-1
    PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Input0
    PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=Output1

How do you run filtercheck.exe?

Thanks,

Jim

Error Message

"GB_PVR is unable to start the BDA device you have configured. Check the device is configured properly, and not already in use."

I had HDHR configured with CW_EPG but I have disabled that configuration. I could never get it to work properly - but it was a matter of screen resolution and being able to see the entire window and read the fonts. If I use the HDHR software it will play in VLC so there must be some configuration conflict or something.

Jim

Sol

I guess I am S.O.L.

I'll try another program...

Can you try recreating this 'GB_PVR is unable to start the BDA device you have configured. ' error, then zip and attach your config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log files.

Can you also run Filtercheck.exe from the gbpvr directory, and also attach the filtercheck.log it creates.

zip logs, etc.

Sub,

Thanks for your help. Something in your last post tipped me off that there were executables in the GB_PVR folder - something that is not evident in any of the documentation I have read. I looked at the bda.ini file and matched it up with the device IDs for my HDHomerun tuners and I was able to get Tuner "0" to scan without the error message. It did not find any channels. I keep getting the error message on the second tuner and, frankly, I am giving up. I have been at this for three days and I am nowhere! I spent a week trying to get CW_EPG to work and it wasn't even close to being fully configured. I am starting to think that I would have been way better off paying for software that doesn't take so much work and technical knowledge to get running. I was a computer science major in college, so I don't consider myself to be ignorant, but with as simple a goal as I have - to be able to record digital OTA TV from an EPG to my hard drive - this has been way more than it's worth.

I will try to attach the error log.

I need you to zip and attach those files I asked for - filtercheck.log, config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log.

needed files

Sorry - I have attached the filtercheck.log file - I do not know how to get the others... the config.exe logs

needed files

Sorry - I have attached the filtercheck.log file - I do not know how to get the others... the config.exe logs

Sorry - had a bit of trouble zipping...