Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GameZone Not Opening

This is the line that is producing the log entry:

Code:
    DebugLog("Displaying file " & GBPvrSkinRootDirectory() & Me.mSkinDirectory & "\" & selectedEmulator & ".jpg/.png")
    This leads me to believe that the .\ that is being displayed is the issue and I suspect its from your skin.xml

Can you post your community3/gamezone/skin.xml file?

Cheers

[EDIT]

I have just installed community3 and it all installed fine, went into gamezone with no problems.
    Here is my log of the area you seem to be having problems with.

Code:
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.484	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: calling InitFileList
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.500	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: Initfilelist routine entered
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.500	VERBOSE	[1]	getValue cached value: /settings/ActiveSkin : Community3
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.500	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: Displaying file C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin2\Community3\gamezone\GameZone.jpg/.png
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.500	VERBOSE	[1]	getValue cached value: /settings/ActiveSkin : Community3
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.515	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: Returned back to activate, after initfilelist
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.531	VERBOSE	[1]	Skinhelper loading image from file: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin2\Community3\gamezone\..\_CoreImages\button_normal.png
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.531	VERBOSE	[1]	Skinhelper loading image from file: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin2\Community3\gamezone\..\_CoreImages\button_selected.png
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.562	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: cmdButtonList setting autowrap to true
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.562	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: lstMyList1 creating new list
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.578	VERBOSE	[1]	Skinhelper loading image from file: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin2\Community3\gamezone\..\_CoreImages\ListView.png
    2009-02-03 18:48:53.593	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: lstMyList1 setting multiple selection to false
    As you can see there is no .\ in my logs; I also checked I am using the same version of Wiz utilities as indicated in your first logs.

If I cannot see anything in the skin.xml then I am getting stuck as to what could be causing this.
    Last edited by idkpmiller; 2009-02-03 at 04:54 AM.
    Let the Games begin...Round 2!
    GameZone v2.9.6 - PVRx2 1.4.7 compatible!

Here is the insane log files for the Blue Skin. I also attached the Skin.xml file I used in the Community3\Gamezone directory. I checked the file and it's the same one out of the GameZone 2.9.5.zip file from a few weeks back. Also, Blue has the same skin.xml file.

I have no idea about this Community3gamezone directory. I also have one just like it for MovieWiz plugin but either directory has nothing inside of it. If I delete the directories and restart GBPVR they both get recreated. No other plugins have these Community3xxx type directories.

Should I try reinstalling the Community3 plugin?

Thanks for the help...

ViperDragon

Just my $.02...

Wait...

C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\Community3gamezone\GameZ one.jpg/.png

Looks like a slash is missing between Community3 and gamezone....
    From looking at your latest PVRX2.exe.log, it seems the same thing is happening with the Blue skin.

Code:
    2009-02-03 23:47:49.062	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: Displaying file C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone\GameZone.jpg/.png
    ================================================== =======
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperDragon View Post
    I have no idea about this Community3gamezone directory. I also have one just like it for MovieWiz plugin but either directory has nothing inside of it. If I delete the directories and restart GBPVR they both get recreated. No other plugins have these Community3xxx type directories.

ViperDragon
    I would copy everything over from Skin2\Community3\gamezone (and/or Skin2\Blue\Gamezone...) into the Skin2\Community3gamezone and Skin2\Bluegamezone folders and see if Gamezone will run. If it does, then you just have to find out why the skin directory is being sent to PVRX2 without the slashes for Gamezone.

I also noticed MovieWiz was doing the same thing.

================================================== =======
    This leads me to believe that the .\ that is being displayed is the issue and I suspect its from your skin.xml

Can you post your community3/gamezone/skin.xml file?

Cheers
    I searched the forums for .\skin and found this (old, I know) thread with the following info.
    Originally Posted by McBainUK
    So when you Path.Combine() them you get: "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\.\skin\Blue\" which dosn't exist.
    Actually, it does exist. There is not a problem with this pathname. The "." refers to the current directory and is relative, when used in a full path like this, it acts like a NOP.

Try getting a directory listing of the path (without the final backslash) from the command line, it should work fine.
    I'm not entirely sure if this would pertain to this situation?

-travis-
    Last edited by 5l4k3r; 2009-02-04 at 03:37 PM.
    Be Different... Just Like EVERYONE Else!

JavaWiz?

Its looking like its the wiz utilities.

In gameZone I still have thw pluginhelper and your utilities from the logs I see the kindirectory is correct when the pluginhelper is used but not when wiz utilitiesare.

See this log entry:

Code:
    2009-02-03 23:47:43.094	VERBOSE	[1]	GameZone: calling WizInfo.populateSkinDirectoryIfNeccessary
    2009-02-03 23:47:43.094	INFO	[1]	WizUiHelper:   populateSkinDirectoryIfNecessary()- gamezone
    2009-02-03 23:47:43.094	INFO	[1]	WizUiHelper:   populateSkinDirectoryIfNecessary()- TargetSkin: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone
    2009-02-03 23:47:43.094	INFO	[1]	WizUiHelper:   populateSkinDirectoryIfNecessary()- BlueSkin: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone
    2009-02-03 23:47:43.094	INFO	[1]	WizUiHelper:   populateSkinDirectoryIfNecessary()- I don't think C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone directory exists
    2009-02-03
    And above that in the log you will see the task image being loaded where I derive the skin directory using pluginhelper.

Code:
    GameZone: Taskimage set to C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin\blue\gamezone\task.png

Can you take a look JW and comment?

Cheers

EDIT: I will need to remove pluginhelper as it uses the Skin directory not the Skin2. JW still need you to check for the .\ and why that is coming through to plugins.

Cheers
    Last edited by idkpmiller; 2009-02-05 at 12:50 AM.

Ok, I have found that code changed recently, but the problem is not with the '.\'. I believe it is because the path returned does not end in a '\'. This would explain why C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone ends in bluegamezone rather than blue\gamezone.

Can you try the attached version of WizUiHelper.DLL and see if that fixes the problem?
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Ok, I have found that code changed recently, but the problem is not with the '.\'. I believe it is because the path returned does not end in a '\'. This would explain why C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\.\skin2\bluegamezone ends in bluegamezone rather than blue\gamezone.

Can you try the attached version of WizUiHelper.DLL and see if that fixes the problem?
    The update did it. I can now get back into GameZone and launch games. Thanks a lot to all of you for helping with this issue.

ViperDragon

Thanks JW!

I have also adjusted gamezone to remove the pluginhelper for skinrootdirectory (only used once. and will have that in the next version for a tidy up.

Cheers

@tommy115

Uh?

Quote Originally Posted by idkpmiller View Post
    @tommy115

Uh?
    Spammer (see his sig). His post look familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by idkpmiller View Post
    ViperDragon,

Can you go to the General tab and enable the "Insane Debug Logs" option within the config app for GameZone. Then run up PVRx2 and try again sending me the resulting PVRX2.exe.log file.

Thanks