Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Bluray/HDDVD playback with GBPVR

That's a fair summary. I would just add that the plugin can also mount the ISOs, play from folder structures or play single m2ts/evo files. As you said, it won't have the menus, only the main movie. On discs that have more than one version (Theatrical and Unrated), it will always pick the one with the longest run time. On movies that have seamless branching (more than one file for the movie), the plugin can be annoying when switching files (Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a prime example). I'm still trying to find a way to fix this but this is where the MKVs or the PowerDVD option comes in handy.

What are the options for playing directly from disks with multiple shows (e.g. Blue Planet). I am guessing only PowerDVD so you can see the directory (which is what I have set up now) but as stangdaman mentions that is cumbersome.
    Last edited by Satori; 2009-02-03 at 04:41 PM.
    Gateway GM5664 with Vista Premium SP1 Transferred to Antec Fusion HTPC case
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core 2.3GHZ, 3GB PC5300 667MHZ Memory
    3 Tuners: Avermedia Duet PCIe, HVR-1250 PCIe
    LG GGC-H20N Blu-ray / HDDVD ROM Drive, Visiontek HD 3650 512 MB Graphics (Cat 9.6)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer, Gyration Media Center Remote Control
    HDD: 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD - OS, 1TB (2x500GB) - Recordings
    GBPVR: 1.4.7, Plugins - SuperSimpleArchiver, GBPVRCLi/LCD Smartie for VFD, Music Plugin

I haven't yet looked into episodic titles but it's on my todo list.

Your the man

I really like the ability to play HDDVDs and Blue Ray DVDs through GBPVR directly without having to resort to a custom task.
    Gateway GM5664 with Vista Premium SP1 Transferred to Antec Fusion HTPC case
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core 2.3GHZ, 3GB PC5300 667MHZ Memory
    3 Tuners: Avermedia Duet PCIe, HVR-1250 PCIe
    LG GGC-H20N Blu-ray / HDDVD ROM Drive, Visiontek HD 3650 512 MB Graphics (Cat 9.6)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer, Gyration Media Center Remote Control
    HDD: 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD - OS, 1TB (2x500GB) - Recordings
    GBPVR: 1.4.7, Plugins - SuperSimpleArchiver, GBPVRCLi/LCD Smartie for VFD, Music Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    That's a fair summary. I would just add that the plugin can also mount the ISOs, play from folder structures or play single m2ts/evo files.
    That's great! I didn't know it handled iso's. I still keep some full iso's on my disk that I run with the old setup (option 2 in my list). Your plugin will give me the option to just watch the movie or use my old iso method with PowerDVD if I want the menus and extras.

I spent some time setting this up and thought I'd provide a brief comment:

For an ISO, I found that I could either select one of the play options on the left, or hit enter on the iso and it would launch my iso player (option 2 in my list) and give me the external PowerDVD player - very convenient!

A question:
    You said:
    If you have the Haali media splitter installed, it will autoload when trying to play m2ts files. To resolve this, delete the following registry key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts
    I did this, but Haali still autoloads (it's in the tray) although it doesn't seem to be used. Is that what you are seeing - and is there any way to get it not to load into the tray?

Only way I could get round it was to delete Haali. It worked much better after I deleted it too. But then I never had the reg key that I'm meant to delete...

Quote Originally Posted by dennit View Post
    A question:
    You said:

I did this, but Haali still autoloads (it's in the tray) although it doesn't seem to be used. Is that what you are seeing - and is there any way to get it not to load into the tray?
    You can try reinstalling and unchecking ".TS files" on the file association during the install.

Like BigMoose though, I ended up removing Haali since I really didn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I ended up removing Haali since I really didn't need it.
    I ended up doing this, too.