Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiz Metadata Grabber

Wiz a quick note on imdb scaping that I discovered with vidImport - they now return video games in title searches so a "star wars" search returns an exact match for the video game but not the movie ;0P. I hacked it by dropping entries that were quickly follow by the (VG) tag.

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    Wiz a quick note on imdb scaping that I discovered with vidImport - they now return video games in title searches so a "star wars" search returns an exact match for the video game but not the movie ;0P. I hacked it by dropping entries that were quickly follow by the (VG) tag.
    Ah, good catch, I'll add that to the scraper logic.

Quote Originally Posted by zehd
    Another thing... The IMDB grabber isn't taking the Exact match over the Popular match
    I'll take a look at that....
    I wonder if there's a way to have a browser open to IMDB, when the grabber isn't completely sure,so that you can easily see what it's having trouble over. It would be much easier to give the grabber what it wants, rather than what it sees...
    That is a possibility, actually there is a hidden function in WizImageGrabber that does just that.

As far as cover art not being saved, it seems to work on my machine without error. I'll wrap up a few changes I'm making and post a new version hopefully sometime this weekend.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Ah, good catch, I'll add that to the scraper logic.

I'll take a look at that....

That is a possibility, actually there is a hidden function in WizImageGrabber that does just that.

As far as cover art not being saved, it seems to work on my machine without error. I'll wrap up a few changes I'm making and post a new version hopefully sometime this weekend.
    Are you sure there is no prerequisite files from your other software needed?
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    Are you sure there is no prerequisite files from your other software needed?
    Other than the WizDLLs (found here), you shouldn't need anything extra.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

I've noticed this on a couple of series myself. For example, it pulled down the episode images for Band of Brothers perfectly, yet none for Babylon 5. I have no idea why since the episode descriptions are spot on perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by smajor View Post
    I've noticed this on a couple of series myself. For example, it pulled down the episode images for Band of Brothers perfectly, yet none for Babylon 5. I have no idea why since the episode descriptions are spot on perfect.
    can you send me the logs, or at least some of the filenames for your Babylon S. series, I'll try and recreate.

can you send me the logs, or at least some of the filenames for your Babylon S. series, I'll try and recreate.
    Sure, attached are the logs. I ran it on Season 5 and the episode description text is perfect, but no cover art. Hope this helps!

Any news? Have you checked why the pics aren't being downloaded?

Do you need more logs?
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Sorry, been out of town and booked with work. It does not fail on my machine, so it might be mis-matched DLLs? Can you try DL most current WizDLLs?

I will try to get a new build out today/tonight with my versions of everything to see if that helps.

Sorry, been out of town and booked with work. It does not fail on my machine, so it might be mis-matched DLLs? Can you try DL most current WizDLLs?

I will try to get a new build out today/tonight with my versions of everything to see if that helps.
    Ive installed all dlls per november 27 and still no posters being saved. Looking forward to test a new build. I remember posters beeing saved in earlier versions.

\\Agerdin