Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate recordings

Duplicate recordings

Just wanted to ask how AvoidDuplicateRecordingsIfPossible>true works. Only at present if I schedule a series recording, in the pending list I get all recurrences of the same episode showing up as pending.
    I have got into the habit of manually cancelling each of the duplicate recordings, but I was wondering if I just left them at what stage does PVRX2 realise it is a duplicate and remove it?
    Lounge Gigabyte 780g-Nvidia GTX560ti-AMD PhenomII 960T-Crucial C300 SSD 64gb-Samsung F1 500gb-2x Samsung F1 1tb-NovaT USB-Nova HDS2-XP Pro/W7 (dual-boot).
    Gigabit networked to:
    Gigabyte 740g-Nvidia 8800GTS-AMD X2 6000-Samsung F1 1tb-Seagate 320gb-Samsung F3 1tb-NovaT PCI-TBS 6981-XP Pro/W7 (dual-boot)

I think it tries to look at the title and subtitle. But not sure if it actually does anything.

I think it was mainly designed for schedules direct when each episode had a unique identifier. For other countries I don't think it ever did anything.

You could continue as you're doing, but it sounds like a lot of work, would you not be better to use one of the other season recording options?? like Daily this timeslot, weekly etc rather than All episodes?
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    ISNIP
    You could continue as you're doing, but it sounds like a lot of work, would you not be better to use one of the other season recording options?? like Daily this timeslot, weekly etc rather than All episodes?
    The problem is that they often change the start times, but I was puzzled by all the pending's. For example if I schedule a series recording on a BBC Three show like 'Last man standing', I get about six pending recordings of the same episode each week! Just goes to show how often repeats are screened...
    I wondered if the duplicates only disappear once the episode has actually recorded.
    Lounge Gigabyte 780g-Nvidia GTX560ti-AMD PhenomII 960T-Crucial C300 SSD 64gb-Samsung F1 500gb-2x Samsung F1 1tb-NovaT USB-Nova HDS2-XP Pro/W7 (dual-boot).
    Gigabit networked to:
    Gigabyte 740g-Nvidia 8800GTS-AMD X2 6000-Samsung F1 1tb-Seagate 320gb-Samsung F3 1tb-NovaT PCI-TBS 6981-XP Pro/W7 (dual-boot)

It only attempts duplicate detection in north america where unique show identifiers are supplied. Otherwise there isnt enough information in the EPG to decide if two shows are duplicates or not. It couldnt look at title/subtitle/description etc, since these are often just generic descriptions reused for each episode of the show.

Yup, until someone can supply the UK with an EPG that has a unique show ID then we are stuffed.

However, you have picked the safest options of recording them all instead of missing the important one

I do just the same for some shows that are tied very closely to a timeslot.

I was thinking along similar lines to this thread, quite often shows get bumped from their usual time slot by up to an hour or so to make room for a "special".

I was wondering if a "Record all in this weekly timeslot within +/- 2 hours" would be a worthwhile addition. Would this fix the issue?
    Elmo Putney

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    Yup, until someone can supply the UK with an EPG that has a unique show ID then we are stuffed.

However, you have picked the safest options of recording them all instead of missing the important one

I do just the same for some shows that are tied very closely to a timeslot.
    UK epg's might be different - but Freeview (and upcoming Freesat) recorders definately don't record duplicates - so there must be something in the guide...
    Gigabit networked to:

I was wondering if a "Record all in this weekly timeslot within +/- 2 hours" would be a worthwhile addition. Would this fix the issue?
    It's already set in the config using
    <AllowableTimeslotVariance>90</AllowableTimeslotVariance>

although this is a global setting.
    "Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!"

--= Win7, C2D 2.93 GHz, ASUS 9400GT Silent, 2GB Ram, Few HDD's, 3TB unRAID server, Samsung 50" 1080p Plasma via HDMI, 40" 1080i LCD via VGA =-- * PVR2000 Analog PCI / Avermedia DVB-S PCI / Hauppauge 2200 DVB/Analog * PCH GBPVR Client * *BD-E6500 w/ NPVR client*

Quote Originally Posted by Pob View Post
    UK epg's might be different - but Freeview (and upcoming Freesat) recorders definately don't record duplicates - so there must be something in the guide...
    I think it works slightly differently (but I'm not 100% sure).

I think some EPG entries have a series indicator which points to the date/time of the next show (to let you record a whole series). I don't think there is anything in the show details to let you know if you already have a recording of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCam View Post
    It's already set in the config using
    <AllowableTimeslotVariance>90</AllowableTimeslotVariance>

although this is a global setting.
    Thanks for this info I did not know this setting existed.
    Gigabit networked to: