Thread: Web Scheduler unaccessable outside

I can view the web scheduler on my local network, but I can not access it from outside my network.

My router is forwarding the port to my PVR machine, and all my other forwarded ports work correctly, so there is something different about gb-pvr. *Right now I have to remote desktop/VNC into another machine and access the web scheduler from there *Any suggestions?

-message retracted-

- WinXP Pro, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB HDD, Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, nVidia GeForce 8800GTS, Hauppauge Win-TV PVR 350.

No its not that. The Windows Update also effects it locally, so I TechVW hasnt applied the problem update from microsoft yet.

TechVW, it'll be something to do with your firewall.

Turns out that the problem was that my company is blocking access to unusual ports. *I changed my port number to 8080 and it's working great. *Also, my belkin router will only allow me, while inside my network, to view the page using the local IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Also, my belkin router will only allow me, while inside my network, to view the page using the local IP address.
    This is as it should be. When you try to connect to the outside address of your router the FW see the source address as an RFC1918 address i.e. 192.168.0.* or 172.16.*.* so it drops it. You should not see these addresses on the internet as they are private addresses. Source route protection or anti spoof. Probably rule 0 in your FW and hidden from you.
    Asus A7V880 Motherboard
    AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.67GHz (Socket A) CPU
    Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 200GB SATA 8MB Cache
    Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 160GB SATA 8MB Cache
    Corsair 512MB DDR Value Select PC3200
    Hauppauge PVR150
    2 X Hauppauge Nova-T (200009)
    FX5200 composite out