Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Qam.ini Manager

I think all i had to do was click the option i want then in config, hit scan and it would scan using the option i had selected.

I think all QAM.ini manager is theoretically doing is telling config how to scan behind the scenes
    HTPC Server: 2.3gh AMD Quad 9600, 4GB ram, 320gb HDD, 1TB HDD, and 750GB External USB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 8600gt, Win 7 (32bit), (2x) HVR2250 using QAM

Client: AM2 5600, biostar 790GX (onbard HD3300), 4gb memory, Vista, LM remote mapping app, Acer Revo R3610 (Atom N330) Win 7, 785G (HD 4200), Win 7, 4gb ram

Quote Originally Posted by zb1 View Post
    I installed your app and ran it but all I see is a selection menu of options and no way to execute them. Once you select an option how do you run it?
    Quote Originally Posted by imagn View Post
    I think all i had to do was click the option i want then in config, hit scan and it would scan using the option i had selected.

I think all QAM.ini manager is theoretically doing is telling config how to scan behind the scenes
    imagn is correct. All the app does is change the frequency values in the qam.ini file read by GBPVR when scanning. You still have to scan using GBPVR's Config. The file write is so fast that I didn't bother adding a messagebox to show that it was done. Basically when you click an option, the new qam.ini is immediately written.

Cool

Which option is best to use if you have an HDHomeRun? Center Channel Frequency - Full scan? I'm having difficulties getting all the channels for San Jose Comcast.

Also, what is HRC Frequency? It doesn't seem to update any files that I can have found?

If you are using GB-PVR 1.4.7, you don't really need to use the QAM.ini Manager. I'm not sure which zip code you are in but using the 95135 zip as a reference, selecting the "Default Cable Frequencies (70+)" should allow you to find your channels. If not, try adjusting the following entries in config.xml:

Code:
      <BDAPsiScanStartupSeconds>5</BDAPsiScanStartupSeconds>
      <BDAPsiScanWaitSeconds>25</BDAPsiScanWaitSeconds>
    If you are using an earlier version of GB-PVR or want to use the utility anyway, you should use the "Center Channel Frequencies (70+)" option.

HRC is a set of alternate frequencies that some cable services use.