This utility will write various ini files for scanning qam channels. Simply place the executable in the folder of your choice and run it. Select the ini you want by clicking the button. Vista users will need to "Run as Administrator".
There are three groups:
- Default with channel numbers: This will use channel numbers. The default type of qam.ini for GBPVR.
- Default with channel frequencies: Uses the standard frequencies mapped by Windows instead of channel numbers.
- Center channel frequencies: This is the standard frequencies minus the 1.75kHz offset. Some tuners like the HDHomeRun and Pinnacle will automatically add the offset.
Each group has three options to help minimize scan time:
- Full: This will create a qam.ini with all 159 channels available to cable.
- 70+: This will create a qam.ini with 90 channels (70-159).
- 70-138: This will create a qam.ini with 69 channels. Most cable providers use this range for QAM channels.
If the location of your GBPVR install cannot be found in the registry, the qam.ini will be written to the current working folder.
Fixed issue where the wrong frequency table was being used to generate the qam.ini file. This caused lower channels to have the incorrect frequency.
Added support for HRC frequencies.