Thread: Torrents plugin - new version

Torrents plugin - new version

After many nights of coding SystemShark and I have finished v1.2 of the Torrents plugin.

Go to the wiki page to see the change log and to download the setup zip

very nice! looks a lot better, much better functionality, better UI and seems to be a lot faster too.
    One small thing is that the install directory is gbpvr\plugins\torrents but gbpvr config won't find it on my rig unless everything's copied to \gbpvr. Had the same problem with the earlier release, so not sure if it's my gbpvr setup or the plugin.
    Top marks and thanks none the less.........
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 2TB+ HDDs | 2x Nova DT | ATI HD 5450 | Mobile Pre USB Audio
    Client 1: Win7 N | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge DacMagic
    Client 2: Win7 N | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 |On-board Sound

I added some code (and tests) to avoid this but obviously something is different hare.

What version of GB-PVR are you running?
    What is the full path to PVRX2.exe?

Fuzzweed

Whats your Path set to ??

AKA

C:\>SET

from a dos prompt.

I've too have added more code to sections of the code, so you 'should' be getting errors all over the place......
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

sorry about the delay there..
    latest gbpvr 1.2.13
    c:\program files\Devnz\GBPVR

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>set
    ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
    APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\GBPVR\Application Data
    CLIENTNAME=Console
    CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
    COMPUTERNAME=COPPER
    ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
    HOMEDRIVE=C:
    HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\GBPVR
    LOGONSERVER=\\COPPER
    NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
    OS=Windows_NT
    Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sys tem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Pr
    io;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX
    PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WS F;.WSH
    PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
    PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
    PROCESSOR_REVISION=0209
    ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
    PROMPT=$P$G
    SESSIONNAME=Console
    SystemDrive=C:
    SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
    TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\GBPVR\LOCALS~1\Temp
    TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\GBPVR\LOCALS~1\Temp
    USERDOMAIN=COPPER
    USERNAME=GBPVR
    USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\GBPVR
    windir=C:\WINDOWS

C:\>

All my other plugins seem to run from subfolders; other than that I haven't found any of your 'errors' yet
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 2TB+ HDDs | 2x Nova DT | ATI HD 5450 | Mobile Pre USB Audio
    Client 1: Win7 N | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge DacMagic

Hi Fuzzweed,

Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sys tem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Pr
    io;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX
    Well scrap that idea, your path looks just like mine !

All my other plugins seem to run from subfolders; other than that I haven't found any of your 'errors' yet
    I was thinking of some ovious errors like Search not working....

Can you post the PVRX2 logs and the search dlls log files ?

Thanks
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

erm, this is a bit weird, but I took all the torrent files out of \gbpvr to give you a set of before and after logs and the plugin still worked (i.e with the files in the \plugins\torrents folder only). So I'm guessing there isn't actually a problem.
    I'm damned sure it didn't work like this on the first install - my only theory is that as I installed over the top of the previous release (which did only work in the \gbpvr folder) rather than removing it first , maybe there was some hangover from this that needed flushing out of the system???
    I'll leave it as it is now and report back if anything seems amis.
    anyways I hope you haven't been burning too much midnight oil on this bit
    btw the searches seem to be working fine. I'm mainly still using TPB but I've not had any bother with the new ones when I have tried them.

Good work on the plugin! I Finally got a chance to install and give it go. I also had to remove the files from the /GBPVR folder left over from previous install. One other thing I noticed after doing a search I have completely exit the plugin and re enter to do a second search. If I don't it will show no search results.

Overall it seems to be much more responsive and I like the new sort and refresh features. A couple things that are probably on the to do list that I would like to see are comments and photos on the detail page if they are available for the torrent.

thanks for all you guys are doing...

Matt