Thread: logo tool disaster...help!

logo tool disaster...help!

My gbpvr install has been running very happily for months now, so I thought it might be a good idea to add in missing logos using the logo tool.

It seemed to work but when I ran gbpvr config after to change the channel order I got an installer popup looking for the gbpvr.msi file. It went back and forth on this installer before I finally got the config window.
    Now my installion is very sick and slow, and I feel sick too thinking about how much work I've just destroyed.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there an issue with 1.2.13 and the logo tool? Can you wreck an install with logos? Is there a set size or format (jpg, png etc?)

Smile Fixed, by why is it so?

Okay, I tracked it down myself. After setting it to start in windowed mode I could see that I was getting a "please wait while windows configures GB-PVR" message box whenever gbpvr started or whenever I changed channels (digital only). After seaching this problem out the fix is to run re-register filters from the gbpvr directory.
    Apparently windows insaller came to the conclusion that gbpvr was broken after running the logo tool, and was trying to fix it.

Does anyone know why this happens? I'd still like to know if there is a preferred format for the logos re size and file type if anyone is across this.

Cheers!
    Shaun.

Hi

I'm sorry to here you've had hassles with CLT, your the first person to report this. Can I get a copy of the logs from your install.

AKA everything in GBPVR\Logs directory and the log files from the CLT directory.

I'll review these and see if I can see something....

Also which OS ? Windows XP or Vista ??
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

Quote Originally Posted by shaunpatrick77 View Post
    Does anyone know why this happens? I'd still like to know if there is a preferred format for the logos re size and file type if anyone is across this.
    Windows installer has a mind of it's own

Also I think there was some logos included by accident that if you deleted would cause this problem.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...63&postcount=4

I just exactly the same thing.
    Well done for finding the fix!