Thread: SearchWiz- PostPadding for 30 minutes?

SearchWiz- PostPadding for 30 minutes?

I'd like to be able to post-pad (add time to recording end time) for 30 minutes (or more) after locating a program with SearchWiz. I can do this when scheduling directly through the Guide, but SearchWiz seems to limit me to 5 minutes maximum. This is most useful for sports that often run over the scheduled time. Is there a way to do this? Ideally, I'd like the current one minute increments up to 5 minutes, then jump direct to 10 minutes of post-pad, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 90. That works well and is how the TiVo does it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dennit View Post
    I'd like to be able to post-pad (add time to recording end time) for 30 minutes (or more) after locating a program with SearchWiz. I can do this when scheduling directly through the Guide, but SearchWiz seems to limit me to 5 minutes maximum. This is most useful for sports that often run over the scheduled time. Is there a way to do this? Ideally, I'd like the current one minute increments up to 5 minutes, then jump direct to 10 minutes of post-pad, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 90. That works well and is how the TiVo does it.

Thanks.
    I'll look into this the next time I'm into the code. May be awhile tho, I am booked with 9-5 job and home stuff for the next couple weeks....
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    I'll look into this the next time I'm into the code. May be awhile tho, I am booked with 9-5 job and home stuff for the next couple weeks....
    Thanks a lot. I'm not in any great hurry, but it would be useful to me. I've been going directly into gbpvr.db3 with an sql database editor or finding the scheduled program in the guide and updating the recording to get the additional padding. Of course, last week I didn't bother and the best part of the game didn't get recorded (but fortunately, I recorded it on my TiVo too - just not in HD)

I suspect it would be a simple change to just increase the maximum allowed padding from 5 to 30. That would be fine for me.

Try this version, I believe it will do what you want.... This code will be in the next wiki released version.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Try this version, I believe it will do what you want.... This code will be in the next wiki released version.
    Wow, that was quick. I'll install it tonight. Thanks!

It works great! Just in time for the weekend sports. Thanks!