Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBPVR freezing when download selected

GBPVR freezing when download selected

I just downloaded the newest version of watch now and when I select a movie to download all of GBPVR freeses up on me! I am running the program under windows XP.

Zip and post your pvrx2.*.log files after reproducing the problem and I'll take a look.

I am also getting this problem. There are a number of issues that, while less annoying, may be related, so I'll mention them in the interest of full disclosure.

"New Movies" and "Top 100" are not populating with movies, although all the other movies sorted by category are.

When I attempt to select a movie to watch I am first given an error something to effect of "Can not login. Persistent login cookie not found". I don't know what a persistent login cookie is, or how to create one.

Now, on my PC, running PVRX2 after this happens and I move on to the movie and attempt to download the movie, the application freezes. While running it on my MediaMVP, it reboots and reconnects to my PC. After a couple of attempts, I llet the app stay frozen for a while and it finally gave an error (see attached).

Also attached are my log files. Sorry if it's overkill. Wasn't sure what you needed. If you need something else, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by quix View Post
    "New Movies" and "Top 100" are not populating with movies, although all the other movies sorted by category are.
    New movies may be empty because I haven't updated the list in a week or two. I've been without power and running on a generator for the last 8 days thanks to Ike. (Yes, it hit us harder than expected here in Kentucky.) I'll have the list updated in a day or two but I'm playing catchup on a lot of stuff. "Top 100" is the top 100 DVD rentals which may or may not have movies available for Watch Instantly. Only movies that are available will be shown so the number of items shown will vary and may sometimes be empty.

Quote Originally Posted by quix View Post
    When I attempt to select a movie to watch I am first given an error something to effect of "Can not login. Persistent login cookie not found". I don't know what a persistent login cookie is, or how to create one.

Now, on my PC, running PVRX2 after this happens and I move on to the movie and attempt to download the movie, the application freezes. While running it on my MediaMVP, it reboots and reconnects to my PC. After a couple of attempts, I llet the app stay frozen for a while and it finally gave an error (see attached).
    Local PC: Open internet explorer and log into the Netflix website and make sure you have the "Remember me" box checked when you log in.

MVP: You need to run the plugin config and enable the "Initialize" button and use it (See NMT Instructions on the main download site).

Different security accounts are used for PC and MVP so you need to do it on both if you want to use the plugin from both.

I also found a change on the Netflix website than can affect downloads and series details. I am working on the fix.

Holy crap, are you creating the list yourself? Really? There's not right! Is it something I can do manually on my side, so you don't have to handle it yourself?

Thanks for the tips. I'll play with it tonight and let you know how it goes.

I'll be releasing the source soon and it will contain the program that creates the list. It takes almost two hours to create it so I don't recommend everyone running it though. I will be adding an option to only update the list using the new releases RSS feed though which you can run nightly. Right now the program to create the list is really crude though.

Soooooo much closer now. Thanks for all the help! I was able to get the plugin to work on the PC, but when I try to use it on the TV instead of showing the video, it just goes to black. I eventually have to reset the MVP device before it works again.

You can't watch the movies on th MVP. It does not support DRM'ed video.

Wait, what? I'm confused. What did you think I was talking about earlier?

I thought it was happening on the PC. To work on the MVP, Hauppauge would need to add support for Microsoft DRM (out of my hands) or the DRM would need to be stripped. All other features can be used: browsing, downloading, etc.