Thread: Plugin will not load

Hybrid View

Plugin will not load

I Installed the beta test version of VA (downloaded 9-8-08). I am running v1.2.13 of GBPVR using Community3 skin. I have the "video" and "archive video panel" checked in the GBPVR plugins tab of the configuration panel, but the archive video panel does not show up as an option in the main screen of GBPVR when it loads. The Video option does show up and was working fine until I used the configuration panel to setup 2 users and now it will not load. It is acting like it is a skin problem (some times it just hangs when I try to load, some times I get the big white screen with a red X). I have installed the JeffsCommunitySkinAdditionsSetup.zip skin, but it has not helped. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Additional info

I had some more info to add. When I click on the "video" option in GBPVR, there is an error dialog that has been coming up but was hidden...I did not notice it before. It says:

Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click continue...

...Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Skin2\Community3\_CoreImages\Pop up_small'.

I have checked and I have a Popup_small.png file in this directory and I can open it in an image editing program...so it does not appear corrupted. So I doubt the problem really is related to this file itself, but perhaps it helps someone more familiar with this program have some idea what the problem really is. I don't know if this clue helps, but figured the info wouldn't hurt.

im pretty sure video archive will not show up on the ui
    1.08 was the last user interface that it worked with from memory
    but it will work behind the scenes to archive videos etc

Thanks for the info. The plugin looks really cool...I'm sorry it does not use the new interface. But it's hard to be critical when everything is done by the goodness of generous people in their free time.

it was a handy plugin
    jeff has just got busy with other stuff he said (somewhere on the forum)
    hopefully one day he will update it
    but like you said cant complain when its free

Work remains a major time drag (how dare it) right now. On top of that my HTPC died. I have now replaced with with a 64buit Vista machine hooked directly to my plasma TV (a 720p not HD version). Unfortunately GBPVR looks terrible on it. I am sure it is some setting somewhere that I need to tweak but I haven't had the time to delve into it. I suppose I should have just posted a call for help on the forum. I know the TV can be made to look okay because my new PC came with media center, and it looks great on the screen (although I miss GBPVR). I keep telling myself that some day I will have the time to sit down and get everything back in order and running well -- but that some day remains a ways away I am afraid.