Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MusicLibrary2 and NAS?

MusicLibrary2 and NAS?

I've recently added a NAS disk to my network, and moved all my music to it (so that it's available to other machines even when the PVR is asleep).

However, when I configured ML2 to use the network share, and told it to re-scan, it found no content. I then upgraded to the latest version of ML2, nuked the library and told it to rescan - still it found no content.

Does ML2 work with network storage?

Thanks in advance

Neal

Not been something that I've tried. Does the regular music library work off the share??

I wonder if it's a permissions issue. If regular music library doesn't work - check what account your GBPVR Recording Service is running under. If "LocalSystem" you'll probably have to change it.

If you've already got this set up, then I'd probably have to test with a local share on my system to see what happens.
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

Yes, the regular music library works fine from the share - as I understand it, the regular library just displays what it finds on the disk, yes?

Also, after these problems, I pointed ML2 back at the old directory (which is still on the internal PC disk), nuked the library and told it to re-scan, and it *still* didn't find anything. I've also tried installing the V8 beta, in case that might help, but I get the same symptoms.

Is there anything I can log to help debug this?

Yeah post the pvrx2.exe.log and the config.exe.log - I think someone else had this trouble as well..
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Yeah post the pvrx2.exe.log and the config.exe.log - I think someone else had this trouble as well..
    Here they are..

Sorry those logs need to show the ML2 trying to scan. And at the moment, I can't even see it picking up that there is a pluging there.....

Sorry those logs need to show the ML2 trying to scan. And at the moment, I can't even see it picking up that there is a pluging there.....
    OK, here they are again. For the config log I:
    - started config.exe
    - went to the plugins tab
    - selected MusicLibrary3
    - went to the Library tab
    - clicked the 'Scan' button. It asked if I wanted to do a full scan, and I said yes. This took about 4 minutes (which seems a bit quick for 8Gb of audio files)
    - exit

For the PVRX2 log, I started PVRX2, went to MusicLibrary3, saw the 'empty' content, pushed a few coloured buttons, then exited.

I've glanced at both logs myself, and neither seem to tell us anything useful about what's going on - maybe you'll make more sense of them

Thanks in advance

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by nchamp View Post
    - selected MusicLibrary3
    You better use ML2. MusicLibrary3 is a very early test release.
    Pieter

There's something wrong with your logs. Again they don't detail anything. I see you have things like the weather plugin, but in your logs i cannot see them initialise. Can you confirm you have Debug level logging and log flushing turned on (these are in the config app on the general tab).

Until we start seeing some stuff in your logs there's no way that I (or for that matter anyone else) will be able to debug anything about your system).

There's something wrong with your logs.

Until we start seeing some stuff in your logs there's no way that I (or for that matter anyone else) will be able to debug anything about your system).
    Sure, I get that, but I don't understand why. Do you mean I should turn on 'debug level logging' in GBPVR itself?

Anyway, the problem has moved on...

In an attempt to get some decent info to you, I uninstalled ML3 and ML2, deleted the db3 database file, and then re-installed ML2. Oddly, the database file it created was called MusicLibrary3.db3 - is this right? Also, the version reported says ML2 V0.0.0 - see attached jpg. Anyway, I then re-ran the config, setting up the path again, but got exactly the same symptoms.

I then got the latest version of GBPVR (I was one version behind), installed that, and then re-installed ML2, and then re-ran the config. Again, the scan was way too fast, but this time, when I ran it, I got a crash. Logs and crash dump attached.

I'll look to see where I can turn on debug logging (never had to use this before), and try and get better logs.