Thread: MovieWiz v1.0.19.0 Released

MovieWiz v1.0.19.0 Released

09/01/2008 : 1.0.19.0 (WizUiHelper 1.0.17.10, WizWebHelper 1.0.7.1)
    • Plugin - Fix Close button in Poster Popup screen. (Thanks Jaggy)
    • Plugin - Added ability to toggle sortby Title or Create Date by using Ctrl-B or Blue Remote Button. Needs to be set in config on Plugin Settings Tab.
    • Plugin - Added Remote button information on bottom of screen.
    • MovieWizManager - Fixed invalid index exception for first-time run.
    • MovieWizManager - [Plugin Tab] Added switch to enable ability to sort items list with Ctrl-B or Blue remote button
    • MovieWizManager - [Plugin Tab] Default startup category setting has been enhanced to allow plugin to startup positioned on last viewed movie category and entry.
    • Skin Changes - Skin.xml: Added ButtonInfo placement. Added ButtonInfoImage composite image. Shortened VideoInfoImageNormal and Selected to Y value of 43 to make room for ButtonInfo.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Good one updated fine & the new date sort order I can see getting a hammering from the wife

I have just finished doing the updated skin ready for upload to the wiki & was checking/looking at it on the MVP to make sure all was in the right places etc. & wondered what "Yellow" "Category" did so popped onto the wiki to find out, you learn something new every day & I can see me using that one Anyway a real nothing one but just though I better bring it to your attention on the wiki you have

Overview Page

On the overview page regardless of what field is in focus:

* pressing Yellow(remote) Ctrl-Y(keyboard) pages forward/backward thru the category list
    * pressing Red(remote) Ctrl-R(keyboard) imports new recordings into the MovieWiz db (if enabled in config)
    * pressing Green(remote) Ctrl-G(keyboard) Opens password dialog (if passwords enabled in config)

Just thought you may want to add the new "blue" button to the list.

Wiki updated to include description for blue button. Thanks!
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Hi JW,

I like the new sorting feature. It works well.

In the plugin, something has changed. The keys that change the category no longer work the same way. Left and right used to change the category. Was this selectable? I can't find an option for this in MovieWiz Manager.
    Dedicated XP SP2 + GB-PVR 1.2.13
    Gigabyte GA EP45-DS3L, Q6600 processor, 2GB RAM, SPDIF optical audio
    Sapphire ATI HD4850 GDDR3 512MB PCI-E
    DVico Digital Tuner
    4TB local storage, Pioneer 107 DVD+/-RW via USB
    Logitech 785 remote control, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
    Antec Sonata II case & PSU
    Sony 40in X2000 Bravia LCD, Panasonic 5.1 surround sound

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Soussi View Post
    Hi JW,

I like the new sorting feature. It works well.

In the plugin, something has changed. The keys that change the category no longer work the same way. Left and right used to change the category. Was this selectable? I can't find an option for this in MovieWiz Manager.
    You're right. I was playing around with the key mapping file and forgot to change it back.

Take a look at the key mapping file. gbpvr/KeyMappings/MovieWiz.xml. There are sections in that file that will control how keys are mapped for the 'horizontal list' (ie category list). You can comment out one section and enable the other to set the mapping back to the original way.

Episode Lookup

Hello,
    It looks like the episode lookup feature doesn't work anymore in the newest version.
    When I use
    Family Guy | Death Has a Shadow
    I get a list of movies that have nothing to do with this episode of Family Guy. When I use
    Family Guy - Death Has a Shadow
    I get a general info about the show Family Guy, but not the episode information. I also don't get an image.
    I tried this with other shows - same effect. What to do?
    Also, generating Thumbnails works only the first time. When I do this a second time, it cannot overwrite the previously generated jpeg files because they are still in use.

Regards,
    Gert
    Last edited by gehing; 2008-09-11 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gehing View Post
    Hello,
    It looks like the episode lookup feature doesn't work anymore in the newest version.
    When I use
    Family Guy | Death Has a Shadow
    I get a list of movies that have nothing to do with this episode of Family Guy. When I use
    Family Guy - Death Has a Shadow
    I get a general info about the show Family Guy, but not the episode information.
    You are right. Looks like TheTvDb.com changed their API. I'll work on this as time allows and update the WizWebHelper.DLL to correct. It may take a while as my free time is pretty slim at the moment.
    I also don't get an image.
    I tried this with other shows - same effect. What to do?
    I'll take a look at the thumbnail logic as well, maybe something has broken there also.
    Also, generating Thumbnails works only the first time. When I do this a second time, it cannot overwrite the previously generated jpeg files because they are still in use.
    Not sure why the other files would still be in use. I'll try to recreate on my machine.

Changing location

Hi JavaWiz,
    The Change Location feature works good for .mpg files, but it doesn't work if the movie is a DVD structure. It would be nice if you could make it work for DVD structures too.

Quote Originally Posted by gehing View Post
    Hi JavaWiz,
    The Change Location feature works good for .mpg files, but it doesn't work if the movie is a DVD structure. It would be nice if you could make it work for DVD structures too.
    I'll take a look @ it.

UPDATE: Found bug, will be fixed in next version.
    Last edited by JavaWiz; 2008-09-21 at 04:55 AM. Reason: found bug

I can't wait! I Love Moviewiz!