Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GetServerTime errors when working via web interface

GetServerTime errors when working via web interface

I keep getting this error while logged on to the web interface - 1.2.13

Windows Internet Explorer
    The server method 'GetServerTime' failed with the following error: -- There was an error processing the request.
    Mike

PVRX2 1.3.11
    Community Skin 3.2.4
    Community Skin Plugin 3.2.2
    Win7 RTM 7600 x32
    Comcast Houston (cable co)
    ECS 7050M-M2 V2
    AMD Phenom 9550 QuadCore
    4G RAM
    BFG GeForce 9600GT 512mb
    160g SATA II (OS)
    500g SATA II (DATA)
    LG GGC-H20LK Combo drive
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250
    JVC RX-9010 RX
    Samsung PN50A550

Quote Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post
    I keep getting this error while logged on to the web interface - 1.2.13

Windows Internet Explorer
    The server method 'GetServerTime' failed with the following error: -- There was an error processing the request.
    Some people have this problem with FireFox 3.x....what browser are you using?

The error is related to an Ajax call from your browser back to the server....poor server response time or firewalls/spyware filters ect. running on the host may also cause this type of error.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Some people have this problem with FireFox 3.x....what browser are you using?
    I am getting this dozens and dozens of times. Sometimes it reports that "GetReminders" failed similarly.

I am running Firefox 3.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by SP0 View Post
    I am getting this dozens and dozens of times. Sometimes it reports that "GetReminders" failed similarly.

I am running Firefox 3.0.1.
    Yep....have not figured out why a few people are having this issue....it isn't really app related.....as far as I can tell......it is a browser and server/network environment related issue.

The GetReminders and GetServerTime calls are AJAX calls....meaning what is running in your web browser is actually reaching back to the server to get information without you clicking a button.

When I run FireFox 3.01 I have no problems.

I may need to add a configuration setting to allow people to turn the functions off.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    I may need to add a configuration setting to allow people to turn the functions off.
    That would be a suitable quick fix for me at least.

I don't need to see the server time because all my PCs are synchronised; and I don't use reminders because I never watch anything live. Not sure if the functions have any other purpose but it looks as though turning them off would remove a major irritation.

Thanks

I would also be happy with that fix.

Strangely, if I leave Firefox 2 with a EWA page showing for long enough, this will come up with dozens of reminder messages too and that is on the wired home network!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    Main HTPC:GBPVR 1.4.7, XP, Gigabyte 780G, X2 4450e, 2GB, HD3200(not) , MSI Nvidia 8600GTS
    ,2 x WinTV PVR-USB2, Videomate S350.
    Clients: P4 2.8GHz-1GB RAM-XPpro, ATI 9550, MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dava View Post
    I would also be happy with that fix.

Strangely, if I leave Firefox 2 with a EWA page showing for long enough, this will come up with dozens of reminder messages too and that is on the wired home network!
    I don't think it has anything to do with the network....I think it has to do with the browser and the server....something is occurring on the server that is preventing the communication back to the browser.

I (the OP) am running IE7.
    Mike

PVRX2 1.3.11
    Community Skin 3.2.4
    Community Skin Plugin 3.2.2
    Win7 RTM 7600 x32
    Comcast Houston (cable co)
    ECS 7050M-M2 V2
    AMD Phenom 9550 QuadCore
    4G RAM
    BFG GeForce 9600GT 512mb
    160g SATA II (OS)
    500g SATA II (DATA)
    LG GGC-H20LK Combo drive
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250
    JVC RX-9010 RX
    Samsung PN50A550

Quote Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post
    I (the OP) am running IE7.
    Yep...some sort of server issue you are seeing...simply go to that URL that you are getting a 404 (not found).....and it is there....for some reason some people are experiencing this type of isssue.

Look at services on machine via:

http://GBPVRServer:7647/gbpvr/Ajaxservice.asmx

If you do it on the local host machine you should even be able to test the service.

Maybe a (Partial) fix for Getservertime and Getreminders problem

I just downloaded and re-installed the ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 from the microsoft website to my GBPVR server. You can find the download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

After the re-install, I don't have the getservertime and getreminder problems when I connect from another computer! Yeah!

However, I have been using EWA from my playstation 3 to browse and watch shows (so much better than the UPNP server). That browser still has the errors, so it would still be nice to have the ability to turn off those notices.

Thanks.

Ray