Thread: UltraXMLTV Enhancer and mc2xml

UltraXMLTV Enhancer and mc2xml

Everything works as advertised but...mc2xml is fast and reliable. The problem is I get too much info. Namely channels I don't need or want. With zap2xml the channels downloaded are controlled by the setup in your account. Running the enhancer on the zap2xml file is slow because I download and overwrite the descriptions with the ones from tvdb. I expect this so not really an issue. With mc2xml you pick your channels based on a list. I have tried different combinations to keep the file as small as possible. Still I get extra channels because the program uses a close match instead of an exact match to the channel list. If I use a number say 39 I get 39 knsd and 39 knsdhd. If I use the call sign I get 39knsd 829knsd 8739knsd. Its a DISH network thing. This is all duplicated data which is also downloaded by the enhancer and takes forever. What I would like to know is: Is it difficult to write a script that would take the data downloaded with mc2xml and delete, filter, process out the data based on an exact match channel list before I send the file to the enhancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Everything works as advertised but...mc2xml is fast and reliable. The problem is I get too much info. Namely channels I don't need or want. With zap2xml the channels downloaded are controlled by the setup in your account. Running the enhancer on the zap2xml file is slow because I download and overwrite the descriptions with the ones from tvdb. I expect this so not really an issue. With mc2xml you pick your channels based on a list. I have tried different combinations to keep the file as small as possible. Still I get extra channels because the program uses a close match instead of an exact match to the channel list. If I use a number say 39 I get 39 knsd and 39 knsdhd. If I use the call sign I get 39knsd 829knsd 8739knsd. Its a DISH network thing. This is all duplicated data which is also downloaded by the enhancer and takes forever. What I would like to know is: Is it difficult to write a script that would take the data downloaded with mc2xml and delete, filter, process out the data based on an exact match channel list before I send the file to the enhancer?
    I won't be doing anything to help filter channels within UltraXMLTV. I don't have the time, sorry. whurlston made a remark saying it might be easy to write something to do this. I've popped a message on the mc2xml thread...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Thanks for the response. Your programs are great and I was just wondering. My skills in this area are weak but I might give it a try.

I'm working on something like that at this moment. I've created NLGrabXMLTV, a grabber for the Netherlands. A lot of coding for that program can be used for an xmltv filter program, so I'm giving it a try. I don't know when I'm finished though .

Basicly the program gets an xmltv as input and filters out the channels you don't want (using a config.xml), renaming (channel id) and sorting the channels to an output xmltv file.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100, Samsung 40F8000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Try filtering on channel id (if using the latest mc2xml version)? Look in the xml file and find the channel ids like "I39.#####.microsoft.com" and use those in the mc2xml.chl file since they should be unique.

Wow! This works good.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    I'm working on something like that at this moment. I've created NLGrabXMLTV, a grabber for the Netherlands. A lot of coding for that program can be used for an xmltv filter program, so I'm giving it a try. I don't know when I'm finished though .

Basicly the program gets an xmltv as input and filters out the channels you don't want (using a config.xml), renaming (channel id) and sorting the channels to an output xmltv file.

Chris
    That would be cool, if there's a nice interface to help choose the channels. Using consoles, or hand editing text files leave too much room for error when there are a lot of the channels...
    Last edited by zehd; 2008-08-10 at 06:20 PM.
    Frank Z

If you have something like a config GUI (to choose exclude channels) and then a console to input output the file, I could easily integrate that into Ultra.

I'll leave that with you guys, even though as I thought more about it, (whurlston was right) it should be easy to do something like this...
    Frank Z

Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    If you have something like a config GUI (to choose exclude channels) and then a console to input output the file, I could easily integrate that into Ultra.

I'll leave that with you guys, even though as I thought more about it, (whurlston was right) it should be easy to do something like this...
    Hmmm, I'm wasn't thinking about a GUI, sorry. I've been working with a config.xml file that is first generated by the program using -sample as a parameter, giving all possible channels. Notepad editing is the next step

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100, Samsung 40F8000.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Hmmm, I'm wasn't thinking about a GUI, sorry. I've been working with a config.xml file that is first generated by the program using -sample as a parameter, giving all possible channels. Notepad editing is the next step

Chris
    OK. Well I'll wait and see what you have. My philosophy has always been to give the user a gui to work with, and I had a few ideas that I might want to work on.

After thought, I think that Ultra would be a good place to handle channel choices, keeping some of the same gui design I have for Categories and Genre colours.

Of course that would be enough work that I might have trouble finding the time. So I'll wait a bit...
    Frank Z