Thread: Sources

Sources

I like the idea of searching for up and coming Movies. I'm currently using Freeview DVB EPG as a TV Guide source - does this have the info required perform this kind of search?

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    I like the idea of searching for up and coming Movies. I'm currently using Freeview DVB EPG as a TV Guide source - does this have the info required perform this kind of search?
    Hmm... I am in the US and really have no idea what kind of info in the FreeView EPG gets loaded into the GBPVR db.

SearchWiz creates SQL queries linking tables PROGRAMME, PROGRAMME_GENRE, GENRE and CHANNEL based on the criteria you enter.

For movie searches I usually create the following type of Filters:

• Filter Name: What's On Today
    • Criteria: spaces
    • SearchBy: Title, Episode and Prog Desc
    • Times: Today (will retrieve anything starting now thru midnight)
    • Genres: Movies

This will pull all movies on today IF in the EPG the Genre contains Movie. If Freeview EPG loads genres into the GBPVR db, you should be able to create a filter like this to pull movies.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

So the best thing might be to look in the GB-PVR database and see if there are any Genres...

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    So the best thing might be to look in the GB-PVR database and see if there are any Genres...
    Almost. The table GENRES holds the complete list of Genres. The table PROGRAME_GENRE contains the relationship between a specific program and the GENRES that relate to it. 1 program MANY genres.

The following SQL will list every program with it's associated genres:
    Code:
    SELECT p.name, g.genre_name
      FROM PROGRAMME p, GENRE g, PROGRAMME_GENRE pg
     WHERE pg.programme_oid = p.oid
       and pg.genre_oid = g.oid
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client