Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieWiz v1.0.18.0 released.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmcg View Post
    Thanks as always for the latest version Javawiz. One bug I've found (although it may just be me) is that the app seems to "stick" on certain entries when I'm scrolling through. Noticed this in the previous version too but forgot to post about it then. Can I post any logs or anything that might show this up?

To describe in slightly more detail, if I've got say 20 entries in a category, I can scroll down say 15 of them pretty smoothly and then suddenly everything freezes. It takes about 30 seconds to unfreeze then scrolls down to the next item on the list as per normal. It appears to happen on random entries in certain categories, but it's always the same entries each time.

All files are stored on my network storage box in the same folder so it's not an access problem.
    I think you'll need to recreate the problem and post your logs.

This may have something to do with the thumbnails. If it seems to stall on particulare entries, note them, then go in the config and check what the thumbnail source is. You can store images in the db, or only store the URL to the image. If you are storing the URL, it may be the HTTP connection that is stalling.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

You're right, it was a thumbnail lookup problem. The entries it was sticking on were being looked up on IMDB which must be quite slow on occasion. What's strange though is that even though I've got store in db checked, it still seems to be looking them up each time within the app. Is it set to not store the images unless they're found and saved within the manager?

Edit - how does this relate to the settings I've just noticed for "Info lookup on load" and "Lookup thumbnail on load" ? Are these when they're loaded within the app, or when they're loaded in the add content window?
    Last edited by frankmcg; 2008-08-05 at 09:28 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by frankmcg View Post
    You're right, it was a thumbnail lookup problem. The entries it was sticking on were being looked up on IMDB which must be quite slow on occasion. What's strange though is that even though I've got store in db checked, it still seems to be looking them up each time within the app. Is it set to not store the images unless they're found and saved within the manager?

Edit - how does this relate to the settings I've just noticed for "Info lookup on load" and "Lookup thumbnail on load" ? Are these when they're loaded within the app, or when they're loaded in the add content window?
    The store in db options only applies at either the initial load time, or if you click image lookup in the manage tab.

I'm guessing that maybe you set the store in db after that particular movie was loaded. In the config, try looking up the image again, then click save. I think it should store it in the db at that point.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Hi JW,

I've had a quick look at 1.0.18.0 and it's looking stable. I still see the problem in MovieWiz Manager tab Manage Categories. The "flickering" desktop icons as it scan the database. Not a big problem, but thought I would mention it.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Dedicated XP SP2 + GB-PVR 1.2.13
    Gigabyte GA EP45-DS3L, Q6600 processor, 2GB RAM, SPDIF optical audio
    Sapphire ATI HD4850 GDDR3 512MB PCI-E
    DVico Digital Tuner
    4TB local storage, Pioneer 107 DVD+/-RW via USB
    Logitech 785 remote control, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
    Antec Sonata II case & PSU
    Sony 40in X2000 Bravia LCD, Panasonic 5.1 surround sound

Hi JW,

I'm have a desire to view my movies list by add date from within the plugin, akin to "Entry Add Date" in manager. The "What's New" category does not fulfill that need. Perhaps a specific "Entry Add Date" category (maybe optional) could be possible?

Love the plugin!
    DVico Digital Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Soussi View Post
    Hi JW,

I've had a quick look at 1.0.18.0 and it's looking stable. I still see the problem in MovieWiz Manager tab Manage Categories. The "flickering" desktop icons as it scan the database. Not a big problem, but thought I would mention it.

Cheers,
    Dan
    I cannot recreate this problem, not sure what might be causing the flickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Soussi View Post
    Hi JW,

I'm have a desire to view my movies list by add date from within the plugin, akin to "Entry Add Date" in manager. The "What's New" category does not fulfill that need. Perhaps a specific "Entry Add Date" category (maybe optional) could be possible?

Love the plugin!
    Perhaps the What's New should allow the option to be sort the display by date or alphabetically. Would that suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Perhaps the What's New should allow the option to be sort the display by date or alphabetically. Would that suffice?
    That would do just fine as long as entries could be set to not expire out of this category.
    DVico Digital Tuner

I always said doing a skin was a good way of bug testing & guess what...while doing the update to B-R-SHV MovieWiz skin I discovered a bug. In the Thumbnail screen the "close" button plays the video & the only way out of the screen is to hit the back button on the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    I always said doing a skin was a good way of bug testing & guess what...while doing the update to B-R-SHV MovieWiz skin I discovered a bug. In the Thumbnail screen the "close" button plays the video & the only way out of the screen is to hit the back button on the remote.
    Absolutely correct! Thanks, will be fixed in next version.