Thread: Clearing EPG channels without loosing schedule.

Clearing EPG channels without loosing schedule.

I'm trying to test out a few XML configurations and I've made to provider change. From what I've experience and I've been reading the best way to go when changing your linup is to remove the channels and then update your EPG.

What is the best way to do this? Do I have to clear the channels one at a time by hitting remove? Selecting multiple channels doesn't remove them just one. Channels are listed correctly under the capture config but not under channels.

P.S. This should make it into the wiki I've seen a few questions around this, None concerning method of large removal if not digging in the database with an external program, but nothing in the wiki on this procedure at all.

Whatever you do, backup your database first.

If you've got more than a few channels, then I'd remove the capture source and recreate it.

Okay Dokay, sitting there and hitting remove 200+ times isn't appealing. If I do remove and replace my capture source will it also reset my recording quality settings just like upgrades do?

Oh! one more question, will doing either method, removing channesl by hand or removing and adding the recording source, will that remove my pending schedule? I know they are done a few days in advance and even when you update the recordings they don't come back.

Thanks for all your wonderful work Sub.
    Last edited by bigstusexy; 2008-07-31 at 12:01 PM. Reason: for a Q

Quote Originally Posted by bigstusexy View Post
    Okay Dokay, sitting there and hitting remove 200+ times isn't appealing. If I do remove and replace my capture source will it also reset my recording quality settings just like upgrades do?
    No, your recordings qualities will be unchanged. It will depend your scheduled recordings that are associated with that capture source though (use 'import recordings' -> recordings-dump.xml to get them back).