Thread: HD PVR Black Screen Problem

HD PVR Black Screen Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up my Hauppauge HD PVR with GB-PVR. When I go to Live TV or select a channel in the guide I can see the video from my sat but if i go back to the main menu or guide then select another channel, I only get a black screen. The red light on the HD PVR does turn on when i have this black screen. To make the HD PVR work again I have to power it off then on again. I have also noticed that when I select a channel the red light turns on then off, it changes the channel on my sat then the red light turns back on. When I change the channel changer to "No Channel Changer Required" in the config this problems goes away.

Thanks

Given that last sentence it sounds like something funny going on with the IR Blaster. Do you have any other IR Blaster you can try? ie MCE or firewire?

No, Sorry I dont have a MCE blaster and I have a Bell ExpressVU 6141 receiver that doesn't have firewire.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest then.

Hi, I am still having this problem. I have attached my logs and would very much appreciate it if you took a look at them.

Thanks
    beav_35

Sorry, it still sounds like something funny going on with the IR Blaster. You might have to try to find some alternative to try.

I bought an ir blaster from irblaster.info and it fixed the problem. I wrote a small program to call winlirc once for each digit in the channel number and this works fine in PVRX2 but when I set a program to record my program doesn't seem to get called. I also tried setting the channel change exe to notepad and it opens when I select a program from the guide but not when I record.

It will be being called, but remember the recording service runs as a different user account (and different desktop session).

You'll probably find it'll start working if you go in to the 'GB-PVR Recording Service' service settings, and enable the 'allow service to interact with desktop' setting.

Thank You!!!!! It worked!