Thread: Dual tuners not working HVR-1600 and HVR-1800

Dual tuners not working HVR-1600 and HVR-1800 in 1.2.13

I just purchased an HVR-1800 to add to my system so I can record multiple HD shows at once. I can't seem to set the dual tuners up correctly. Both only work as device 1 which does not allow me to record 2 shows simultaneously. When I try different device numbers for either tuner, I can't start the BDA device according to gbpvr. I checked the wiki but the page is so old that the utility recognizes neither card. Does anyone have a solution?
    Last edited by badger.packer.fan; 2008-07-02 at 07:20 PM. Reason: give version info

I believe they should both be set as device #1. They should only have different device numbers if they are the same devices. sub can correct me if I'm wrong.

I had the 1600 working good and added a 1800 as well, I've yet to get all 4 tuners going. DeviceTypeCheck didnt work for me.

If i run tuning assistant i can get both analogs to come in. Recordings by the second card only make an empty folder, so i've tried many combos of Capture Device Numbers.

If I check the box that says - Only show devices detected in this machine i get HVR-1600, HVR-1500MCE, HVR-1800MCE
    if i choose any of them for the 1800 i get

"The drivers for this device you have configured do not seem to be installed. Are you sure you want to save these current settings?"

Both devices are installed in Device Manager with newest drivers from Hauppauge (tried beta as well).
    Main HTPC
    | 3.2 Dual Core Pentium | 2 GB DDR2 | HVR-1600 & HVR-1800 | System: XP Pro SP3 | Recordings: 2x500GB SATA RAID 1|Storage: 2x1TB RAID 1 |
    | 2x Helius MVP Wired | 2 PC Clients Wireless |

Quote Originally Posted by prada115 View Post
    I had the 1600 working good and added a 1800 as well, I've yet to get all 4 tuners going. DeviceTypeCheck didnt work for me.
    The DeviceTypeCheck utility was only for owners of PVR250/350/150/500 devices to tell the difference between each one (since they used the same driver names). This problem isnt relevent to other devices, so not needed.

If i run tuning assistant i can get both analogs to come in. Recordings by the second card only make an empty folder, so i've tried many combos of Capture Device Numbers.

If I check the box that says - Only show devices detected in this machine i get HVR-1600, HVR-1500MCE, HVR-1800MCE
    if i choose any of them for the 1800 i get

"The drivers for this device you have configured do not seem to be installed. Are you sure you want to save these current settings?"

Both devices are installed in Device Manager with newest drivers from Hauppauge (tried beta as well).
    Did you set the device numbers correctly? Both the HVR1600 and the HVR1800 will be device #1.