Thread: Time Shifting

Time Shifting

Does this newer version support Time Shifting?
    I thought the earlier gbpvr gui had it, it just never worked for me I figured.

Just thought it would be easier to query in here. I know in the MCE It stores like a 30minute shift backward. I see you can pause and watch like that but I did not notice if I could just rewind live tv to review something I missed.
    With or without it GBPVR is still miles ahead of mce! mce will never be near it with MS's dvr video format annoyances etc

Thanks.

you can set it to do the time shifting all the time but then it will take longer to change stations (config>misc tab1)
    or you can press pause when you start watching or when you are about to walk away

Ok I already had Live Preview Checked, but I still see no way to time shift backwards from something I just missed. The pause thing is the same as hitting record. I have massive ADD so when I say Just Missed I am talking every few minutes I miss something. For the most part its oh well I wasn't paying attention but if it can do it thats great. i am just not seeing where the controls are to shift backward. All the screen shows is + - pause X, thats channel up/down pause Exit, no rewind etc.

At least I am assuming config>misc means the LivePreview Mode: section which is all checked.

i think you untick return from time shift on channel change

If live preview mode is unchecked, then its in timeshift mode all the time.

Ah thanks! Works very smoothly!
    mine also does not let me open the config in GUI starts to open it then kicks back to main menu. Not a big deal just a note.

create a folder called "skin" in the gbpvr folder