Thread: N64 not listing any games

N64 not listing any games

Firstly, thanks for a great plugin. Its sent the WAF through the roof .

I have installed project64 1.6 and have obtained some roms. I have run project64 and set a rom directory, and it lists all the games and I can play them sucessfully. I went into the config and set up the required info for the path to project64.exe which was 'c:\program files\project64 1.6\'. That seemd to be all the configuration I could do. Then when I try to go to N64 in GameZone in GBPVR, I just a message at the bottom that says (something along the lines of, I'm at work and can't check) 'No games available' and nothing in the list.

Have I done something wrong? Do I need to do something extra? will logs help? if so which ones?

logs may help. please provide pvr.exe.log
    A;so keep an eye on this thread, where I am working with another user having problems with N64.

http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?t=35871
    Let the Games begin...Round 2!
    GameZone v2.9.6 - PVRx2 1.4.7 compatible!

I have more time to read you post correctly now, and although it may help to look at the thread I suggested it was certainly not the most helpful suggestion (I shouldnt quickly reply to post before rushing out to work..)

It sounds to me like you have not setup the extensions for your rompath entry in gamezone correctly. it does depend on your roms and what extensions they end in:

examplegame.z64
    othergame.n64

therefore you would add in your extension setting

n64|z64

The "|" character is the pipe which on a UK keyboard is located down by the left hand shift key.

Cheers

ahhh...

Sorry for not getting back, been away.

Silly me. I had not set up any roms for the N64, assuming that they would be picked up from the settings in Project 64. Bit of a doofus really. Perhaps, if no other features are waiting to be implemented, a check for rom paths for the currently selected emulator and some sort of message if non are set up could help avaoid stupid questions like this in the future?

Thanks for the help though, works like a charm now.

Great that its working,
    I will try to see if next time I update I can put a "doofus" catcher message