Thread: pre padding adjustment causing a bug

pre padding adjustment causing a bug

Hi
    I've noticed that when I schedule a recording with the standard 1 minute prepadding, gbpvr drops off live tv at the correct time, changes the external channel and warns me if I try to restart live tv that its recoding on that card, I.E. all works fine and everything is happy.

However, if the impending recording is pre padded to say 5 minutes, gbpvr does not drop live tv at the expected time and doesnt change the extenal channel. The recording service does start to record on that card though, although its now recording the channel I was watching rather the the correct one. Ive also noticed that attemptng to cancel the now faulty recording from within gbpvr doesnt work. I have to restart the recording service and gbpvr to get everything back to normal.

Any ideas? It seems reproduceable so I'm guessing it a bug
    (1.2.13 , pvr 150, hip running mce blasters)

Thats the correct behaviour. Padding has a lower priority than live tv, so live tv will not be interrupted for the padding to start.

When live tv is being watched, a recording can start up to a minute early, but this isnt related to the padding.

I didnt realise that. I'll have to be very careful as the actual program start times are often out by more than a minute compared to the guide.

So if I'm watching live tv and relying on the padding to ensure I dont miss the start, I'm in trouble, is that right? Theres no way I can give the padding a higher priority is there?

BTW Thanks for all your help.

Padding is always considered "nice to have, but optional" and will only occur if the capture device isnt being used for something else. There is no setting that changes this.