Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP - Can't stream TV, video, music on PCH

HELP - Can't stream TV, video, music on PCH

I've been reading all the threads, and trying lots of things, but I'm stumped. I can get the GBPVR interface on my lovely new PCH, and I can do anything that does not require streaming from the server, I think. My photos look wonderful at the higher resolution than the mvp gave, and web services like weather and webcams work fine.

As far as I can see from the various logs, the server is starting and accessible through my firewall, so it seems like a video format/resolution problem (or maybe not, as I can't play music either). And, I have to configure the resolution in config.xml, the video output in the PCH settings, and feed the right parameters to mvpmcx2, I think? I cannot get this right Result is always some flashing and then a black screen.

I have a beautiful 42" full 1080p panel connected with an HDMI cable to the PCH. And also, a husband who is losing any confidence he ever had in my ability to make this all work....

I can of course send logs, but which?

Please help!

Pam

Some people have need to go to the control panel -> administrative tools -> services, then view the GBPVR Recording Service properties, and enable the 'allow service to interact with desktop' setting. Try this and let me know how you get on.

Sub,

Thanks for the quick reply - but that's not it, still the black screen...

Pam

Could you compress and upload all your GBPVR logs please.

Martin

Martin,

Logs duly zipped and uploaded.

Pam

You do have the error indicating that interacting with the desktop is not ticked

Code:
    2008-06-09 10:50:15.640	ERROR	[4]	Error starting webserver: Could not load file or assembly 'GBPVRRecordingService, Version=1.0.3069.9824, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Martin

Martin,

In the latest part of the logs? I did change it when I saw Sub's reply. The service is set to use the "local system account". I'm on Vista home premium 32 by the way.

Pam

The logs don't show that it was on, so you probably need to restart the recording service after making the change.

Martin

Martin,

OK, many thanks I have restarted everything, and it is more-or-less working. I have to say, picture quality seems inferior to the MVP the PCH is meant to replace, so I think I still need to do a bit more experimenting.

Thanks again,

Pam

Glad you got it going. I find the PCH gives better quality and there was a thread on this
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=35488 but the PCH/HD combo will also highlight flaws in older analog SD material.

Martin