Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAC sound issue

AAC sound issue

I have video working fine in GBPVR 1.2.13, with Hauppauge Nova T 500 digital dual tuning cards.

However, I'm having a problem with sound for high definition TV. For the first channel I play it is okay, but after that if I change channels the sound will start for a few seconds, then the image jerks a bit, then the image goes back to normal and the sound cuts out. This is set up to use the SPDIF output. If I restart the GBPVR recording service, the first channel viewed works as it should and the same problem happens when I change.

When playing old recordings and Saturn (cable TV) channels, sound is working fine, as it's coming from the stereo output. I assume this means the MPEG2 settings are fine.

For the advanced codecs in the config, I am using Cyberlink H.264 decoder and have monogram aac selected for the other options.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by katrinaq; 2008-06-08 at 01:15 AM.

Try changing the audio decoder. The Cyberlink Audio Decoder should work.

i found changing video decoder to ffdshow fixed my audio sync problem
    still using monogram for audio

to use cyberlink audio decoder you would need to add it to the supported aac audio decoders in config (if you do this make sure you edit with notepad)
    i cant even find the name of the cyberlink aac audio decoder to add so i dont know if you can
    Last edited by stustunz; 2008-06-08 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    to use cyberlink audio decoder you would need to add it to the supported aac audio decoders in config (if you do this make sure you edit with notepad)
    Thanks for the advice - sorry to ask, but how would I go about doing this?

sorry added to my last post
    i will keep looking you need the exact name to add it and even then i dont know if gbpvr can make use of it
    the config.xml file is found in the gbpvr folder

someone else may know

you will need to wait for sub sorry
    im not sure if it has changed but it seems for live tv you still have to use the monogram audio decoder

Okay, thanks anyway.

To add the Cyberlink decoders from PDVD 7 and 8, change line 22 of config.xml from:
    Code:
    <SupportedAACAudioDecoders>MONOGRAM AAC Decoder,ArcSoft Audio Decoder</SupportedAACAudioDecoders>
    To:
    Code:
    <SupportedAACAudioDecoders>MONOGRAM AAC Decoder,ArcSoft Audio Decoder,CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD7),CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD8)</SupportedAACAudioDecoders>
    You should then be able to select them in Config (if they are installed).

I have had issues with my Nova 500T doing similair things for months now - when I change channels after approximately 1s the video will jump around and audio with often disappear before both come back. This issue doesn't happen on a HVR3000 or HVR2200 installed on the same machine.

I don't believe the Cyberlink AAC can be used for live TV, only the Monogram one.

Quote Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
    I don't believe the Cyberlink AAC can be used for live TV, only the Monogram one.
    That could explain my issues with my audio issues with the HD PVR.