Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MVP & GB-PVR

OK. so I've been using GB-PVR for a few months and am sticking with it but decided to get a MediaMVP. Now, I'm almost lost as to what to do next. I have it hooked up to my network and it works out the box. However, what do I need to do to use it with GB-PVR?
    I currently have the PVR350 but not set to tv out so I can occassionally watch tv on the pc. Is TV out needed to use the GB with the MVP? I know, I know duh but I can't find any documentation on setting it up on the forums.
    Thanks for not laughing too loud. javascript:emoticon('&#39
    smilie I actually can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

I think you have to stop the native MediaMVP server processes and start de GBPVR mediaMVP service.

good luck

Nipper is correct, first off stop all hauppauge services (search the forum for this one if you are unsure).

Secondly, in the configuration app. you can setup GBPVR to handle 0 or more MVP clients. Configure this to 1 and this will automatically look after your MVP for you.

Also, you may hit firewall issues if you run one, so you may need to allow access to the MVP and vice versa in your firewall rules.

Cheers,
    Colin.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sure it's something I can figure out. I've searched Wiki for info on how to use the 2 together but came up short. I'll hunt some more but I was hopeful there was a handholding guide of some sort but you've got me started in the right direction.
    Anyone who wants to pass along a short description of their setup....it would be appreciated.
    Sofar, just out the box, MVP is very nice and I'm looking good at my house.

Paul

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

This was the last thread to talk about this mvp stuff. though if you search the forum for "hauppauge service" this should give you a number of threads talking about this,

Have fun,
    Colin.

In addition to the info in the link Colin has posted, there's one more thing you need to be aware of.

The MVP requires a DHCP server to allocate it an IP address. Most people solve this by having a router as part of their network setup. If you don't have a router you will need to run a DHCP server on your PC - tftpd32 is a simple, free option or you can let the MVP connect to the Hauppauge service, then stop them and start the GB-PVR service (fiddly and a bit of a pain&#33.

Again, thanks for the replies. Colin, I had found that thread but thought there was more to it than that. bluesxman, got a router so no problem there and MVP on its own is working perfectly in the few minutes I had to put it together. Do need to run the cat 5 thru the wall and the wife will get concerned when I get the tools out.
    I'll be back with more questions after I get started most likely.
    Thanks again.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pcostanza @ Feb. 02 2005,22:11)]Do need to run the cat 5 thru the wall and the wife will get concerned when I get the tools out.
    hehe, I had exactly the same problem, but you're on your own solving this one

Hey pcostanza,

GBPVR makes the using the MVP so simple that sometimes you do think there has to be more to it

as for

Quote[/b] ]the wife will get concerned when I get the tools out
    Send her out shopping, small price to pay!

Cheers,
    Colin

Quote[/b] ]the wife will get concerned when I get the tools out
    Shopping you say.....she doesn't dare unless she wants a real mess. I can outspend her in tools.

Paul