Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Video page crashes Xrecord when displaying additional file extensions

  1. #1

    Video page crashes Xrecord when displaying additional file extensions

    I routinely add .mkv, .mp4, .ogm and some other file formats to the supported list of file types for XRecord so that is shows those types as well.

    <Custom>
    <ConverterElement name="converter1" extension="avi" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>
    <ConverterElement name="converter2" extension="wmv" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>
    <ConverterElement name="converter3" extension="mkv" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>
    <ConverterElement name="converter4" extension="ogm" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>
    <ConverterElement name="converter5" extension="mp4" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>
    <ConverterElement name="converter6" extension="divx" startbatch="" stopbatch=""/>

    <!--
    <ConverterElement name="converter1" extension="avi" startbatch="transcode.bat" stopbatch="stoptranscode.bat"/>

    -->
    </Custom>

    The latest version crashes out when I try to scroll down the list of files when I have added any of the extra ConverterElement items to the skin. A previous version (not sure how to tell which one anymore but it is pretty recent) works fine.

    Unfortunately, there wasn't much information in the log other than the standard errors about not able to find converter node (except it now prints this error 4 times rather than just the traditional 2.

    It would also be nice if these additional file types were added to the base install so that I don't need to manually add them each time (or move these to the config file or, best yet, just honor the file types supported in the defaule video library plugin).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    735
    I tried adding those lines to my skin file and can't reproduce the crash with today's new XSuite version. If you can give replication steps I'll take a look tomorrow.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    I tried adding those lines to my skin file and can't reproduce the crash with today's new XSuite version. If you can give replication steps I'll take a look tomorrow.
    Repro is pretty easy.

    1. Add the additional converter lines to the blue skin file.
    2. Extract the attached archive TestFolder to contain a test directory structure containing two directories each containing one video file. The first contains a zero length MPG and the other contains a zero length MKV file. (The length is irrelevant but separate directories with at least one containing a file that matches one of the new file types appears to be significant.)
    3. Point XRecord to use the newly created TestFolder as the Video path.
    4. Load Xrecord and attempt to display the video files by selecting the video button.
    The plugin should silently crash out to the PVRX2 menu and the following error should appear in the log:

    Code:
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
       at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
       at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
       at RecordingViewerPlugin.XVideoRecordingsBox.render(Graphics g, Font generalFont, Brush generalFontBrush, Font selectedGeneralFont, Brush selectedGeneralFontBrush, Brush selectionBrush, Int32 selectNewsStartX, Int32 selectNewsStartY, Boolean bActive, SkinHelper skinHelper)
       at RecordingViewerPlugin.RecordingTask.render(Boolean& requiresMoreRendering)
       at GBPVRX2.MenuTask.x9006c1ed9ccb79de.GetRenderList()
       at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35.xdb012c437aec4a40(Boolean xd23bf32f3b17e3be)
       at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35.xdae9991ab918b397(Object xdf2e3583f942db7b, KeyEventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35.WndProc(Message& m)
    Complete logs are attached. This problem did not occur in the plugin a couple releases ago. It appears to happen in both GBPVR 1.2.9 and the current release.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
    I routinely add .mkv, .mp4, .ogm and some other file formats to the supported list of file types for XRecord so that is shows those types as well.
    Where do you add this? I'd like to do the same, and I've not been able to convince xrecord to show me any file type other them wmv - I'm using miro to download video podcasts. The native "videos" of gbpvr shows them all and I can play em in gbpvr... I just can't get xrecord to show em under Videos...

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnInSJ View Post
    Where do you add this? I'd like to do the same, and I've not been able to convince xrecord to show me any file type other them wmv - I'm using miro to download video podcasts. The native "videos" of gbpvr shows them all and I can play em in gbpvr... I just can't get xrecord to show em under Videos...
    You add them toward the bottom on the skin.xml file in your current skin folder. For the Blue Skin, this is $(GBPVR)\Skin\Blue\xrecord\skin.xml

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    735
    Great rep steps. I posted a new version that should work. There was a hardcoded list of extensions being processed in a few places and now we use the list of converter extensions. I also added your converter extensions to the skin.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Great rep steps. I posted a new version that should work. There was a hardcoded list of extensions being processed in a few places and now we use the list of converter extensions. I also added your converter extensions to the skin.
    Works great so far. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
    You add them toward the bottom on the skin.xml file in your current skin folder. For the Blue Skin, this is $(GBPVR)\Skin\Blue\xrecord\skin.xml
    Thanks - I'm now seeing it exit before updating to the new version of xrecord... updating that now.... added lines for m4v and mov, and --- hey presto, it works! Nice.

    Now if I can just convince miro to dump .xml files with the descriptions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •