Thread: EPG Update Loops

EPG Update Loops

I seem to have a strange issue with the EPG Update. Saturday morning I noticed my system was lagging big time. Dropped in via Remote Desktop to find about 20 copies of GBPVR.exe running. Took ever to get them all shutdown. I noticed that this happens consistently when my batch file gets to this line:

"C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe" -OnlyUpdateEPG

After various testing I found that this happens not only at the 2am scheduled event, but also when I run Update EPG from the System GUI, from the system tray, and even from the command line direct. If I launch it from the GUI I noticed its restarting the entire batch file with each iteration (multiple cmd.exe in task manager). I only let it get to about 3 iterations in the screenshot because the last time I let it get out of control to 10 or more instances I had a hard time getting control back from the system and had to hard reboot much less screenshot it.

Also of note, at one point I suspected a corrupt EPG database and deleted it to let it rebuild again from clean.db - same results.

Here's the entire contents of my UpdateEPG.bat file:

Code:
    rem @echo off
    "c:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\Third Party\yapi2xml\yapi2xml.exe" update
    copy "c:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\Third Party\yapi2xml\yapixml.xml" d:\epg\xmltv.xml
    "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe" -OnlyUpdateEPG
    I've attached a screenshot and my logs.

Thanks,
    TM
    Last edited by Terrormaster; 2008-05-19 at 03:03 PM.

You dont need to call "gbpvr.exe -OnlyUpdateEPG" as part of your UpdateEPG.bat file. All you have to do is create your xml file. GB-PVR calls UpdateEPG.bat when it is about to update the EPG. Immediately after UpdateEPG.bat completes it'll process the xml file.

Ah that makes sense - wasn't that clear in the Wiki. Considering how long I've been into IT stuff both hardware and software wise, it's amazing how dense I've been setting this up.

Thanks again,
    TM