Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mvpmcx2 to become private

mvpmcx2 to become private

Because of a comments demanding that I release the source code to mvpmcx2, which I fully plan on doing when it is ready I have made the decision to stop publicly releasing and announcing any changes to the mvpmcx2. The link is here http://www.networkedmediatank.com/vi...=2669&start=28

I prefer that you discuss this in a new thread on the NMT forums so that n8gray might be able to share your feelings.

I am not sure what that means on my ability to publicly answer questions here so sub do you have a way to create a private forum for this? It might be a pain to manage but it is the only way I see going forward.

Martin

Of course it will continue to be free like beer.

Martin

Martin,

What would that mean for NMT users who haven't already gotten it? Wouldn't that sort of kill GB-PVR's ability to be a server for the NMTs?

I am going to post some of my opinions in the NMT forum...

Martin, please ignore comments like those. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but your work is HIGHLY appreciated.
    I don't usually pay much attention to criticism that is not constructive criticism. Sounds like the poster was just upset that he/she has not been able to create something that is so advanced already in the early days of the PCH.
    "Nothing succeeds as planned" - Joseph Heller

Assuming sub is willing to create a private forum users would need to register and request access to the private area. Very few new users will bother so yes it will kill interest over the months I am going to need.

It will be impossible for casual browsing without logging in too so everyone is affected.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by haripj View Post
    Martin, please ignore comments like those. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but your work is HIGHLY appreciated.
    I don't usually pay much attention to criticism that is not constructive criticism. Sounds like the poster was just upset that he/she has not been able to create something that is so advanced already in the early days of the PCH.
    I actually didn't take it as criticism. Personally I don't like the GPL police, they can be every bit as evil and counterproductive as the MPAA and RIAA, but after a challenge I do have to take the license more seriously and commit to getting the source code released.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I've put in my 2c over at NMT regarding this. Keep up the good work. Hope I get to see some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Of course it will continue to be free like beer.
    Wow, free beer! Where's that?
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I am not sure what that means on my ability to publicly answer questions here so sub do you have a way to create a private forum for this?
    I'm not sure if a private forum solves anything, but I can create one if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Wow, free beer! Where's that?
    Next time I'm in Belgium I will give you a call. I think I need a few rounds of wheat beer.

(Here in Canada we normally use "tempest in a teacup" and I've heard "storm in a teacup" too. I've never heard "storm in a class of water" except by francophones who say "tempÍte dans un verre d'eau")

Martin