Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a Tevion DVB-T stick

Setting up a Tevion DVB-T stick

Hi all,

After a long hard run I've got this device working on Windows 2000. The device seems to be based on BDA drivers, which do not work with VirtualDub - or anything else I've found so far. I've selected the only installed capture driver using GBPVR's built-in feature.

I've also added an XML TV file - though I don't know that it contains any data essential to the tuning process (but I suppose might contain the frequencies or something based on my IP). I'm trying to find out.

And that's as far as I can get. I haven't managed to do a channel scan, although there seems to be a utility for this, though it isn't obvious if my hardware is compatible with one of those listed. In addition, I can't find anything that looks like it might let me choose a channel, though this may be hidden until channels have been saved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

NB: Tevion have an annoying habit of omitting model numbers from their products, but the company only have the one usb model, so I guess that's ok.
    Last edited by Lil_bit_stuck; 2008-05-08 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Phrasing

Can you run the filtercheck.exe utility from the gbpvr directory, then zip and attach the filtercheck.log that gets created?

Hi Sub

Sure thing. Here it is.

Thanks

Add this to your bda.ini file, then try setting up a digital capture source and going from there.

[Tevion DVB-T Stick]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
    RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
    FILTER_RECEIVER=AF9015 BDA Filter
    PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
    PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

I've added that line, and re-created a capture source choosing it as the source. The source identifies as 'BDA' (not analoge or digital), which I expect is fine.

The EPG imports fine from my XML TV data.xml file.

However, in the main interface window, PVRX2, the 'Live TV' option does not function. Click and nothing. The 'TV Guide' option freezes the program, and I am forced to kill the process to regain control.

I haven't selected a channel changer plug-in, but I do have a remote control with the device which I will look at enabling once the basics are set up.

Any thoughts on what to do in the tuning assistant to get some channels tuned and saved? The adaptor still isn't an option, but I don't mind creating a text file for the settings if that is what the tuning assistant is for - although I don't know the settings yet.

Thanks

Did you do the 'map digital channels to epg channels' step? It sounds like you didnt.

Any thoughts on what to do in the tuning assistant to get some channels tuned and saved? The adaptor still isn't an option, but I don't mind creating a text file for the settings if that is what the tuning assistant is for - although I don't know the settings yet.
    This is only for analog devices, so not applicable to yours.

Hi. I've been trying to map the channels for a while now, but I always get the same error: "no channels found. please check your signal and configuration settings.", but it only scans for 6 predefined channels. There are about 14 channels in my channel list though.

What would be much better would be to ask the software to just scan for all available channels like every other piece of receiver equipment in the world.

I'll keep trying to find a way

EDIT: Also , every time I enable a channel it becomes disabled again when I check back, and I can't figure out what the 'tuning request' section is for.
    Last edited by Lil_bit_stuck; 2008-05-10 at 11:53 AM. Reason: shown

Hi. I've been trying to map the channels for a while now, but I always get the same error: "no channels found. please check your signal and configuration settings.",
    Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log and I'll take a look.

but it only scans for 6 predefined channels. There are about 14 channels in my channel list though.
    I'm assuming you've selected a specific transmitter int the UK, and it knows that transmitter only has 6 frequencies, so it scans those frequencies. Each digital frequency can carry about half a dozen channels. Its not 1 frequency = 1 channel.

EDIT: Also , every time I enable a channel it becomes disabled again when I check back, and I can't figure out what the 'tuning request' section is for.
    It'll auto disable any channel that hasnt been mapped. ie, you need to find channels during a scan, then perform the mapping, then the mapped channels will be left as 'enabled'.

I have a big request: I bougth tevion DVB-T TV stick, but my CD with drivers and software was damaged...Could someone mail me drivers, please?

Thanks in advace!

just do a search or goto their website