Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DVB-T Radio Support

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    If you've used FM Radio in the past or use Net Radio, you'll already have the LAME Encoder registered. If not, this is a download link...
    Actually you don't need LAME for Net Radio, the broadcasts are in mp3 already.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    There are days when I wonder why I got out of bed.

The correct zip is attached and all of the obselete zips have been deleted so I won't make that mistake again until the next time that I do.

Apologies.
    I can see the scan process finishing after about 20 minutes - did you do something to cancel it or did it end by itself?

What version of windows are you using and are you logged in as an administrator?

Could you try again and then bring up Task Manager, look at 'Processes' and see if DVbtr.exe is listed?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Actually you don't need LAME for Net Radio, the broadcasts are in mp3 already.
    Doh! Too many things in my head today - my brain's full.

Cheers,
    Brian

The scan channel problem is fixed ...
    ... I was running in FSE and did not see the "Do you really want to run this program?" type message from XP nor the Windows Firewall message asking me to allow DVBTR.

But now I can't get it to change channels consistently. Some times it hangs on the first channel change and sometimes the second and sometimes the third.

I promise that the attached logs are the right ones.

Thanks

Graham
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

"PVRX2 has stopped working" this occurs after about 8 seconds of scanning. Here are my logs
    MSI FA-4 speedster, Pentium M 2.0, 2 gig memory ,nvidia 210, Samsung Ecogreen 1.5 Terabyte Hard Drive

But now I can't get it to change channels consistently. Some times it hangs on the first channel change and sometimes the second and sometimes the third.
    That's good news - at least you have channels and can play successfully.

Being able to change channels 'on the fly' is actually a recent addition to the code so hasn't been tested in depth - previously you had to Stop then select a new channel then Play. I'll need to do some investigation - on the one hand, your logs show the new tuning was submitted successfully then in another part it say's it's failed.

If things go screwy, just exit pvrx2 completely then go back in - if it still doesn't work, wait 2 minutes then try. If the dvbtr.exe is still running things can get out of sync. It'll time itself out if it doesn't hear from pvrx2 for a couple of minutes.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bathman View Post
    "PVRX2 has stopped working" this occurs after about 8 seconds of scanning. Here are my logs
    I've updated the zip file in the Community Announcement thread (I'll get around to uploading to the wiki at some point).

Could you try that (v1.1.3039.27106) - I've changed the way the DirectShow stuff is done it might fix your problem, not sure.

What version of Windows are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    That's good news - at least you have channels and can play successfully.

Being able to change channels 'on the fly' is actually a recent addition to the code so hasn't been tested in depth - previously you had to Stop then select a new channel then Play. I'll need to do some investigation - on the one hand, your logs show the new tuning was submitted successfully then in another part it say's it's failed.

If things go screwy, just exit pvrx2 completely then go back in - if it still doesn't work, wait 2 minutes then try. If the dvbtr.exe is still running things can get out of sync. It'll time itself out if it doesn't hear from pvrx2 for a couple of minutes.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Your description exactly matches what I see here.

And now for something completely different ...

I have one tuner recording and two idle and DVB Radio popup says no tuners are available.

Thanks for your good work.

Graham
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

I have one tuner recording and two idle and DVB Radio popup says no tuners are available.
    Sometimes I can look at a piece of code I've written and I haven't got the slightest idea what it means. I think it's called having a senior (programmer's) moment.

I can see from your log what is probably causing trouble but I don't know why my code is reacting that way. I'll have to think about this one.

Thanks for your good work.
    Glad you like it.

Cheers,
    Brian

Graham,

WRT changing channels. Are you using a remote to control the plugin? It looks to me as though a couple of instances where you tried to change channel happened after the plugin received a 'stop' request. If you're using a remote perhaps your thumb/finger hit the stop button by mistake???

WRT No tuners being available, the latest version on the wiki may fix this but please backup your current installation or keep the last zip file of the dvbt radio binaries. I have a really horrible feeling the plugin might not like your USB tuner.

Cheers,
    Brian