Thread: load movie title from folder name?

load movie title from folder name?

hi, just started ripping all my DVDs to HDD - currently in VOB format. Is there a way for the moviewiz plugin to search for the film info from the folder name rather than the file name or can I only use the plugin by ripping to iso?
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 5TB+ HDDs | 2x BlackGold Twin HD DVB-T| ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
    Client 1: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | SPDIF pass through
    Client 2: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | C-MEDIA USB DAC
    Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzweed View Post
    hi, just started ripping all my DVDs to HDD - currently in VOB format. Is there a way for the moviewiz plugin to search for the film info from the folder name rather than the file name or can I only use the plugin by ripping to iso?
    It should be able to handle these types of files if the files have been ripped with the standard DVD naming standards.

On the locate (you must have subDirs checked),
    • If a file is found with the name "VIDEO_TS.IFO", and it's parent directory ends with "VIDEO_TS", it assumes this is a DVD to be loaded.
    • It then creates an entry in the Files combo box of the resulting parent directory name + ".DVD" (the directory above the VIDEO_TS directory).
    • When the Load button is pressed, for each entry in the list, it assumes the title is the entry name minus the extention (in this case .DVD), and attempts the TvDb and IMDB lookup with that title name.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Ah, ok got it now. Can I suggest adding .dvd as one of the default extensions for the next revision? - I'd tried .vob and .ifo and got nowhere, hence the question. I'm sure it probably says on the wiki or release notes but I'm a typical case of RTFM...
    thanks again.
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 5TB+ HDDs | 2x BlackGold Twin HD DVB-T| ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
    Client 1: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | SPDIF pass through
    Client 2: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | C-MEDIA USB DAC
    Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzweed View Post
    Ah, ok got it now. Can I suggest adding .dvd as one of the default extensions for the next revision? - I'd tried .vob and .ifo and got nowhere, hence the question. I'm sure it probably says on the wiki or release notes but I'm a typical case of RTFM...
    thanks again.
    Good point. Not sure I've specifically noted the .DVD extension in the documentation anywhere, probably only in the forums. I'll update next round.

EDIT: Actually, .DVD does not need to be in the default extension list for this to work. If it finds the .IFO file AND the directory structure matches that of a standard DVD, it should automatically pick it up.
    Last edited by JavaWiz; 2008-04-27 at 03:14 AM.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client