Thread: Personal Wishlist

Lightbulb Personal Wishlist

I'm loving this Plugin. I have over 70 movies in it already, plus some cartoons, documentaries, and music specials. (Try
    http://www.archive.org/details/feature_films
    if you like older movies and want some free content.)

I've been recording off cable, stripping the commercials, and building my collection like crazy!!! (My poor PC is getting tired of transcoding... )

I see two features I'd love to see:

1) In Manage Content, some sort of faster way to get to the middle of my content. (Like a drop down in the top left corner or something.)

2) An option to set a default category, so that when users come into Movie Wiz they are at another category than All Movies.
    Currently Running: 1.4.7
    HTPC:
    Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2 Mobo w/ 945P chipset / CPU: Intel P4 3.0GHz
    RAM: 3GB RAM / Video: ASUS Radeon X300SE 128Mb PCIx 16
    Tuner(s): ATI TV 650 Dual (PCIx)

Feeding:
    2 - Wired MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mkenyon2 View Post
    I'm loving this Plugin. I have over 70 movies in it already, plus some cartoons, documentaries, and music specials. (Try
    http://www.archive.org/details/feature_films
    if you like older movies and want some free content.)

I've been recording off cable, stripping the commercials, and building my collection like crazy!!! (My poor PC is getting tired of transcoding... )
    I'm glad you find the plugin useful. I have also used archive.org for some of the old classics.

I know what you mean. I don't watch much tv anymore, I can't stand the program being interrupted by inane commericals.
    I see two features I'd love to see:

1) In Manage Content, some sort of faster way to get to the middle of my content. (Like a drop down in the top left corner or something.)

2) An option to set a default category, so that when users come into Movie Wiz they are at another category than All Movies.
    In manage content, you can jump around using the file location combo box. Unfortunately, it is not a very user-friendly way to navigate, I'll see if maybe I can improve this interface.

I've been meaning to add config option to allow a default category for the plugin, but keep forgetting to add it. I'll try to get it in the next release.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Two work-arounds...

The Sort by Date Added option in 'Manage Content'. (Didn't see this before.)

Don't show 'All Movies' and 'What's New', and name my category something starting with A.

Up to 78 movies... plus...
    Currently Running: 1.4.7
    HTPC:
    Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2 Mobo w/ 945P chipset / CPU: Intel P4 3.0GHz
    RAM: 3GB RAM / Video: ASUS Radeon X300SE 128Mb PCIx 16
    Tuner(s): ATI TV 650 Dual (PCIx)

Feeding:
    2 - Wired MVP

I just started using MovieWiz last week and really like it so far. But I'm having some basic navigation issues. I was hoping to jump to the middle or my database as well (like the guy in this post) but couldn't figure out how. Am I missing it or is this feature not there?

Also, I would love to be able to export/import my database into an excel (comma separated or whatever) list to have a hardcopy and for mass editing. Is this possible? (Or did I miss it too?)

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I just started using MovieWiz last week and really like it so far. But I'm having some basic navigation issues. I was hoping to jump to the middle or my database as well (like the guy in this post) but couldn't figure out how. Am I missing it or is this feature not there?
    I assume you are talking about within the plugin and not the config program. If you are in title sort (ie not date sort), you should be able to type the first letter of the title and jump to that entry in the listing. For example, if you typed 'L', you should jump to the first movie starting with a 'L' in the title.

If you are using a remote, you should be able to use the number like the SMS keypad on your phone.
    Also, I would love to be able to export/import my database into an excel (comma separated or whatever) list to have a hardcopy and for mass editing. Is this possible? (Or did I miss it too?)
    You can export as XML from the config program. I'm not at home right now, if you can't figure it out, update this thread, and I will post instructions.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client