Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skipping in MVPCX2

% numbers

All of the number keys seek to a percent of the file that seems to work OK.
    (I guess not so good for a currently recording show)
    1=10%

Cheers
    "Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!"

--= Win7, C2D 2.93 GHz, ASUS 9400GT Silent, 2GB Ram, Few HDD's, 3TB unRAID server, Samsung 50" 1080p Plasma via HDMI, 40" 1080i LCD via VGA =-- * PVR2000 Analog PCI / Avermedia DVB-S PCI / Hauppauge 2200 DVB/Analog * PCH GBPVR Client * *BD-E6500 w/ NPVR client*

Quote Originally Posted by pBS View Post
    i don't get skips in livetv from that arrow pad, only ff works...
    they do work when not using gbpvr tho...has this changed? i need the skips...
    is it only a livetv limitation?
    Unfortunately skip doesn't work with live tv and currently recording tv. You will see that the timeline doesn't show the current length with these files, and that's probably why the PCH thinks skipping isn't possible. Also when using fast forward on these files, the audio disappears for some seconds after that.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100, Samsung 40F8000.

i don't get skips in livetv from that arrow pad, only ff works...
    they do work when not using gbpvr tho...has this changed? i need the skips...
    is it only a livetv limitation?
    While it will not work for live TV or currently recording videos, for stuff already recorded, you may have to press the right arrow a couple of times for it to start advancing 30 sec at a time. Pressing it just once almost always does not skip forward.
    "Nothing succeeds as planned" - Joseph Heller

Quote Originally Posted by haripj View Post
    While it will not work for live TV or currently recording videos, for stuff already recorded, you may have to press the right arrow a couple of times for it to start advancing 30 sec at a time. Pressing it just once almost always does not skip forward.
    Apparently that is by design and not a bug.

Martin

thanx

coool, thanx for the info on the % skip...didn't know it was there..
    after playing with it a bit i see that problem's only on in-progress recordings...but at least there's ff... will have to try the % in livetv...might get lucky..

still having problems with dvd playback...something about the way the share is mapped..not sure how we're suppposed to make that work, i mapped a drive, but to what? same name as it would appear to gbpvr? are we then supposed to be able to browse vid library and play dvd's there? can't tell what's arbitrary in the examples and what's required to match..
    i'm mapping a share to local dir \\\\pvr\\dvds and trying to play them on \\pvr\dvds from video library...
    i have patch applied..
    thanx
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

coool, thanx for the info on the % skip...didn't know it was there..
    after playing with it a bit i see that problem's only on in-progress recordings...but at least there's ff... will have to try the % in livetv...might get lucky..
    You will get a channel change! but you should also see the triangle showing that it isn't supported.

I think the only short term solution to this problem is sub is going to have to either write a recordings worth of FF's to a file and overwrite it, or modify the server and deliver a bogus length.

Martin

Is there any progress on this? I just installed mvpmcx2 and after some script problems I got it working (GBPVR+PCH). I love it! The only thing really missing is the ability to skip back 30 secs in Live TV to make it Tivo-like. Is this "bogus-length" patch difficult to implement or is it just too ugly for sub's taste?

There will be no change in this in the next firmware and the bogus length is a real hack. Although rewinding non-seekable streams (which live tv is) is not typical, I think the best long term solution is to continue to ask for Syabas for it.

Martin