Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.2.9 broke the MVP, WAF forcast for pain

1.2.9 broke the MVP, WAF forecast for pain

Well the install seemed to go smoothly with config popping up when it was done, but now the MVP just sits there with that infernal blue screen. It's either trying to contact the bootserver or loading application. I've been around in circles it seems and now all it does is look for the bootserver.

The firewall was cofigured before and working fine with gbpvr and the mvp. I'm not now getting any popups from it when powering up said mvp. Exceptions are set for the MVPs ip address and pvrx2, the mediamvp gui server, the recording service and the tray are all OK to do business according to the firewall (zonealarm freebe btw).

I'm restarting the box for one last round of farting around but the logs will follow in my second post. Hopefully when I go back in there it will have sorted itself but I hold out little hope of that.

The MVP is the key to the whole pvr for us so it not working is going to create all kinds of hate and discontent.

Cheers
    Last edited by ApexHack; 2008-03-16 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    1.3.11 / XP Pro SP2 / P5VD2-MX-SE {VIA P4M890 VT8237A} / E2200 / 2GB / 2.8TB / HVR1800 x 1, HVR1600 x 2 / 1 PCH

Well, it and I are fucked it seems.

Appreciate any help.
    1.3.11 / XP Pro SP2 / P5VD2-MX-SE {VIA P4M890 VT8237A} / E2200 / 2GB / 2.8TB / HVR1800 x 1, HVR1600 x 2 / 1 PCH

I also had to tell the GBPVRRecordingService.exe to interact with the desktop manually via the Services function.

I noticed in your logs MVPServerAutostart : 0 a couple of times so I don't know exactly what you are testing with this

Related to this is I have seen too many problems about the MVP reported in the general support area recently. I for one don't follow this sub-forum unless something catches my eye on the main screen so I might not even catch any follow up questions.

Martin

Thanks for the help.

I noticed in your logs MVPServerAutostart : 0 a couple of times so I don't know exactly what you are testing with this
    I'm not sure what you mean by "testing with this". The computer is running as well as GB-PVR and the MVP.

It is definitely set to autostart 1 mvp in config.

I just set the recording service to interact with the desktop as suggested and restarted the service. Still no luck.

According to the logs, there is a mvp-pvrx2.exe.log so it must be running My guess is: it's the firewall preventing the bootloader to function properly. Have you checked windows-firewall being switched off, it's known to switch itself on during windows-updates.

Hans
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

do you have mvpchecker plugin installed

I am new to mvps but the mvp was having difficulty connecting "some times" before I installed it and now it doesn't. I also noticed that there are now two default dongle.bins to choose from. Did you try the other dongle bin?
    PVRx2 v1.4.7|Hauppauge 150 with 45 button remote & HVR1600|Cyberlink for DVD and BDA multiplexer|
    evga nvidia gforce 6200: Pentium(R)4 cpu 2.4 GHz 3 Gb ram|Windows XP: 1 MVP

Apexhack's experiences on the MVP have always been odd http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30405 so I don't expect that the problem is really related to GBPVR.

Martin

I had a similar problem with 1.2.9 after upgrading from 0.99.12. It looked as if I had not allowed allowed pvrx2 to pass through the firewall, but it had. I knew my installation drive was unstable, so I did a reinstall of the OS and the program files. I prepared the \devnz\gbpvr directory and placed the database and the config.xml from backup in that directory. Next I installed 0.99.12 again. This worked fine. Subsequently I installed 1.2.9 and allowed pvrx2 to pass through the firewall. Everything worked fine afterwards. (I have reverted to 99.12, because I dislike the present mainmenu, but that is an other story.)

So if your firewall settings are OK, and it is still not working, you may have to go for a total reinstall.

I'd have to agree with the firewall diagnosis. You logs show that the MVP server processes never receive a network connection.

Thanks to everyone trying to help dumbshit me.

It was the firewall afterall. If I shut it down completely then the MVP will connect.

I have to admit befuddlement though because nothing I now do will allow the MVP to connect with ZA running. I tried deleting PVRX2 from the list then starting the MVP which pops up an allow/deny window which I said allow & remember, but that didn't do it. It was configured like before when everything was working peachy so WTF?

I even restarted the computer/server and this time when trying to power up the MVP it went through some config stuff with a blue box in the middle but ended up saying that it could not find any server. The computer had no messages from ZA saying it was trying to connect. I then shut off ZA and after some more power off/power on cycles the MVP went back through the routine of checking connectivity, loading bootserver, and yeehaw finally loading application and woohoo the menu.

Nothing has changed with the box except for the install of 1.2.9 so I don't see how it could be on my end. Something must've changed with PVRX2 or something.

This is not a real good situation to be in because now I'm vulnerable again. The MVP/GB-PVR have become very much relied upon these days, however sad that may be, and they have priority.

If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong with ZA or whatever please let me know. Or maybe another free firewall that works with 1.2.9?

Or with the other dongle do any better maybe? I should try that but now I don't want to touch it since it's working.

Thanks again everybody.
    Cheers