Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: comdlg32.ocx not found in vista 64bit ultra xmltv

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri - USA
    Posts
    188

    comdlg32.ocx not found in vista 64bit ultra xmltv

    i downloaded the ocx and dll files from the wiki and ran that batch file but they dont seem be getting reged with regsvr32 /s in vista 64bit os. got any ideas? trying to get ultra xmltv to start.
    moo: os: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate - Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001) up: 14hrs 40mins 5secs cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (x64) at 2448MHz (8% Load) gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB res: 1680x1050 32bit 59Hz ram: 3074/8189.6MB (37.54%) [||||------] net: Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056 based Ethernet Controller - 1000MB/s 85.32MB In 18.25MB Out
    -

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaomni View Post
    i downloaded the ocx and dll files from the wiki and ran that batch file but they dont seem be getting reged with regsvr32 /s in vista 64bit os. got any ideas? trying to get ultra xmltv to start.
    I believe you have permission problems. I will bet that the batch file must be run as administrator. I don't know if regsvr32, which is called in the bat, will inherit permissions... Another Vista user may be able to help.

    Gawd I hope it's not a 64 bit problem...
    Frank Z

    I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...
    ______________________________________________
    Author: ZTools: ZProcess, MVPServerChecker; UltraXMLTV Enhancer, Renamer, Manager;


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    76
    You will probably have to run command prompt as the administrator then you have to type regsvr32 c:\EPG\comdlg32.ocx and it will register. I am assuming that c:\EPG is where the file is.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,105
    To prevent DLL (and ocx) hell, I suggest opening the instal batch file to read... and copying the ocx and dll into the paths that are specified. These are totaly legimate licensed files that are the latest and last version, and should reside in the windows system32 dir...

    You could also open the cmd in admin, and copy paste the code from the batch file into the command window (assuming you have quick edit enabled)
    Frank Z

    I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...
    ______________________________________________
    Author: ZTools: ZProcess, MVPServerChecker; UltraXMLTV Enhancer, Renamer, Manager;


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri - USA
    Posts
    188
    okay i removed the /s from the bat file and ran it. it's says is succeded to register about 2 of the files but it can't find the 32.ocx files.
    sccrrun.dll succeeded
    mscomctl.ocx succeeded
    the rest could not find the module.
    moo: os: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate - Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001) up: 14hrs 40mins 5secs cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (x64) at 2448MHz (8% Load) gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB res: 1680x1050 32bit 59Hz ram: 3074/8189.6MB (37.54%) [||||------] net: Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056 based Ethernet Controller - 1000MB/s 85.32MB In 18.25MB Out
    -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaomni View Post
    okay i removed the /s from the bat file and ran it. it's says is succeded to register about 2 of the files but it can't find the 32.ocx files.
    sccrrun.dll succeeded
    mscomctl.ocx succeeded
    the rest could not find the module.
    Don't use the batch file. It's obviously not working for you.

    Have you copied all the files manually into Windows/System32 ? Were there overwrites?

    Now open a cmd in admin privs and change to the windows/system32 folder.

    and for each of the files in the list type:

    Code:
    regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
    etc...

    If you have success on all files, then try enhancer...

    edit: others are having trobles too
    http://community.macrovision.com/arc...?t-167373.html

    another solution was for people to unregister first then register (the /s switch means silent and you can use it)

    example
    regsvr32 /u /s msflxgrd.ocx


    Or copy the attached file into your Windows/System32 folder along with all the files in the zip. You need to rename the attached file to remove the.txt extension and only be a .bat

    Again, open cmd WITH admin privs, and change to the Windows?System32 folder. run zinstall.

    Now you WILL get errors. That's cause there are files that don't exist. But you should get a success on all the files from my zip
    Last edited by zehd; 2008-03-11 at 10:59 PM.
    Frank Z

    I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...
    ______________________________________________
    Author: ZTools: ZProcess, MVPServerChecker; UltraXMLTV Enhancer, Renamer, Manager;


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri - USA
    Posts
    188
    I copied them all into the system32 dir and ran a cli with admin rights with regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX and it still says module can't be found

    from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

    64-Bit Windows

    Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

    The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows is not and will not be supported.
    moo: os: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate - Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001) up: 14hrs 40mins 5secs cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (x64) at 2448MHz (8% Load) gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB res: 1680x1050 32bit 59Hz ram: 3074/8189.6MB (37.54%) [||||------] net: Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056 based Ethernet Controller - 1000MB/s 85.32MB In 18.25MB Out
    -

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaomni View Post
    I copied them all into the system32 dir and ran a cli with admin rights with regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX and it still says module can't be found

    from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

    64-Bit Windows

    Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

    The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows is not and will not be supported.
    THere's your answer. If you can get WOW working...
    Frank Z

    I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...
    ______________________________________________
    Author: ZTools: ZProcess, MVPServerChecker; UltraXMLTV Enhancer, Renamer, Manager;


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    75
    I'm having this same issue on XP 64bit. What do you mean by get WOW working? Isn't it always running in the background?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    75
    Figured it out. In XP 64 bit at least, the 32 bit dlls are stored in \Windows\SysWOW64 and NOT \Windows\system32 (which is a little confusing). So after moving my files and batch file over there and running, everything registered fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •