I have uploaded a new version of mvpmcx2 which could make initial configuration a little easier.
If you have configured your PCH to select a specific TV mode with the
Setup->Audio/Video->Video Output screen instead of having it use the Auto mode, mvpmcx2 will try and read this setting so no command line option may be necessary. Some addition settings like --edtv and -o component will still need to be set.
You also can still use the command lines to override the settings and I would recommend that especially if you are configured for a 1080i/p preference.
Last edited by mvallevand; 2008-04-20 at 02:40 PM.
I have uploaded a new version of mvpmcx2 with a few new things
- untested support for 1080p with -m 1080p
- support for the ugly PCH screensaver with --nmt-gui-ss discuss here http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34908
- avoids leaving some zombie processes
- fixes loopback device issue
- fixed some issues dealing with slow mount of is iso files.
Five minute setup
Note these instructions are valid but the recommended install method is in the Dummies guide the installer does all of this for you!
Starting with the 080808 Syabas firmware it is possible to browse Network shares in a consistent way, which makes it much easier to configure GB-PVR and mvpmcx2 if you are using a guest share.
Here are the steps
1. On your PCH or other NMT device change the default video configuration from Auto to the mode of your monitor
Setup -> Audio/Video -> Video output
2. Create or use a Windows or Samba share on your network that you can access from the PCH.
3. Download the file http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/ez_mvpmcx2.zip and unzip it into the share setup above.
4. Navigate to this share using Media Source->Network Browser
5. Hit the Blue button.
6. Select index.html.
7. Select GBPVR.
Note this will load telnet as well. It doesn't replace the survival guide because you have to repeat step 4 through 7 which means you have to navigate your shares every time. I am still going to work with Syabas to make this simpler.
Note for a permanent solution you should follow the steps in the survival guide.
Last edited by mvallevand; 2008-11-15 at 03:44 PM.
To go with the new installer I published today, I also released a new mvpmcx2 binary. You could either use the installer (untick everything except Install Client) or download the zip file.
The new features are (they all require 1.3.7)
- support for connecting to shares directly rather than via GBPVR Use exactly the same method used for mapping DVD driver.
- files on the PCH drive will play directly if GBPVR is configured to use the \\ip notation
- support for a USB keyboard on the PCH, works with Search and the Music plugin.