Thread: Upgrading to Digital

Upgrading to Digital

I run a GBPVR setup with an MCE 500 Twin Analogue Tuner card.

I am looking at switching to Digital, but have some questions.

1/ Does a twin DVB-S card exist?
    2/ Does a twin DVB-T card exist?
    3/ Are the above supported?
    4/ Will I have to continue using an external EPG XML feed or does the DVD-S and DVB-T support an EPG? From my reading it looks like DVB-S supports an EPG in New Zealand.

I have a slim form factor Silverstone box in my lounge and only have room for one card, hence the concentration on the twin tuners. I have also been told that it may be possible for a single tuner to record two channels at once? I suppose in theory this is possible as we are talking about a single digital signal, but wouldn't this mean GBPVR would have to support it?

cheers

1/ Does a twin DVB-S card exist?
    I think there was one made by BlackGold, but I dont know anything about it myself.

2/ Does a twin DVB-T card exist?
    Yes, a common one is the Hauppauge Nova-T 500.

3/ Are the above supported?
    The Hauppauge Nova-T 500 works with GB-PVR. I think the blackgold one also works.

4/ Will I have to continue using an external EPG XML feed or does the DVD-S and DVB-T support an EPG? From my reading it looks like DVB-S supports an EPG in New Zealand.
    Only the DVB-S system carries the DVB EPG. GB-PVR can uses this EPG. You can continue to use XMLTV sourced listings if you prefer though.

I have a slim form factor Silverstone box in my lounge and only have room for one card, hence the concentration on the twin tuners. I have also been told that it may be possible for a single tuner to record two channels at once? I suppose in theory this is possible as we are talking about a single digital signal, but wouldn't this mean GBPVR would have to support it?
    If you need to record multiple channels with GB-PVR then you need multiple capture devices.