Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing .iso in PVRX2

Playing .iso in PVRX2

Sorry if this has been addressed but my searches haven't provided any clear answers. I have archived family videos (DVDs) onto the computer in iso format (if anything happens they're ready to re-burn). Anyway, I've decided to add the iso family videos to the Video Library.
    While in the PVRX2 interface I select one, daemon tools mounts the image, and I'm asked if I want to play the image in PowerDVD or Media Player. I select PowerDVD and it then loads and I watch the iso through Power DVD. What I'd prefer is to never leave PVRX2. Can I somehow watch the iso directly through PVRX2 instead?
    I've found a couple plugins mentioned (MovieWiz & XDVD) but I'm not sure those are really what I want.
    I appreciate any feed back...and thanks for the great program!

They should play in PVRX2, but you'll probably need to disable that windows popup that asks you to play the DVD in PowerDVD or WMP.

It obviously must be simple, but I can't figure out how to make the pop-up stop. I've set all options & emulations in Daemon Tools off. I tried setting the autoplay in the virtual drive to "take no action".
    I'm apparantly not looking to do anything out of the ordinary since .iso should play in PVRX2...any other hints are appreciated.

Thanks

Its been such a long time since I turned off this popup on my machine that I cant remember what you need to do. Try google.

Thanks for the advice, but my googling got me nowhere. Hopefully somebody else can provide some insight. Also, this same thing happens when I try to play a dvd through PVRX2 or GBPVR.

Thanks,

Get TweakUI from Microsoft... I believe it has options to stop that.

It's in the gb-pvr wiki....disabling autoplay
    Server :: ASUS A7V600-X :: Athlon XP 2600 :: 2560Mb Crucial PC3200 RAM :: 4x Maxtor Diamondmax 10 300Gb PATA Drives :: XP Pro :: GB-PVR 97.7 :: Nova T x2
    MVP :: Rev D3a

I'm getting close...The methods described for disabling autoplay are exactly what I did (as mentioned in my previous post). Thanks for providing links and guides to confirm what I did was correct. However, it appears my problem lies with the video renderer I use combined with the video decoders.
    I have 3 video decoders that work with my setup: ATI's, Cyberlink's, & Intervideo's. I have been using the EVR video renderer with intervideo. However, any of the 3 decoders combined with EVR renderer play live tv, mpegs & DVR-MS, but when attemping iso nothing happens & I get kicked back out to the main menu.
    If I switch to VMR 9 Custom renderer with:
    ATI decoder - get no TV video, no mpeg or dvr-ms video. However the iso menu diplays but I can't get it to play. Also I have to ctrl-alt-delete to exit the program. VMR 9 renderer gets no tv video, no mpeg or dvr-ms video, but iso menu displays and can be played. Unfortunately there are no available controls to forward, reverse, or skip chapters even though they are enabled in config. Right clicking mouse gets back to menu.
    Cyberlink decoder - get no live tv video PLUS an error is generated and PVRX2crashes. Same happens with VMR 9 renderer.
    Intervideo decoder - playing an iso causes the screen to flash and basically locks the computer. ctrl-alt-delete doesn't work, escape doesn't work. I have to do an executive reboot by holding the power button.

In limited testing I seem to get these same results in the GBPVR app as well.

My system is XP Home SP2, 2 gig RAM, 3 gig CPU, ATI HD2400 video card with HDMI out to TV, and Pinnacle PCTV HD Card. I use wireless mouse & keyboard to navigate PVRX2.

Any ideas are welcome. If logs are needed please let me know & I'll post them as soon as I can.

Mattman

Thanks to the following post & link EVERYTHING now works fabulously in PVRX2 with EVR! Hopefully it will help somebody else.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33562