Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multidec Acamd with GBPVR

Multidec Acamd with GBPVR

My conclusion that I had Acamd working with GBPVR (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33120) was wrong. It worked, but for some reason it stopped working (no picture) and it's going on and off now, so it's not stable or reliable yet.
    On http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33309 you are discussing a new MDAPI and I've seen the subject on dvbn.happysat.org.
    What I'd like to point out that Acamd is working perfectly with ProgDVB, so I wonder what the difference is with GBPVR? Is ProgDVB using a different MDAPI, or something completely different?
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100.

Its likely that any compatibility issues with your multidec plugins are in the third party mdapifilter.ax directshow filter which provides the multidec compatibility. This wasnt written by me though, and I'm not that familar with how it works, so I'm not really in a good position to provide you any support on it.

After your recommendation though I installed acamd here a few days a go and it's working really well for me. I'm using it with a newcs card server though, so probably different from your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    After your recommendation though I installed acamd here a few days a go and it's working really well for me.
    Great!

I tried it with newcs myself and got it working, but for some reason newcs is making my Windows crash (everything freeses after a few seconds of decoding). I think this is a Vista problem, but I haven't seen anyone else with the same problems.
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100.

I cant say I've ever seen that with newcs. You'd think if Windows is freezing it'll most likely be related to a driver. Are you using one of those USB-only phoenix readers that creates a virtual com-port device?

I'm using a Infinity-USB, but contrary to the name, it has a real serial port connection to the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I cant say I've ever seen that with newcs. You'd think if Windows is freezing it'll most likely be related to a driver. Are you using one of those USB-only phoenix readers that creates a virtual com-port device?
    Yip, a smartreader+. But it's only giving me troubles with newcs, and not with Acamd running on its own.

May be try a different version of newcs. I run a quite old version. Some of the newer ones give me problems (not freezing though).

Sub,

Today I've tested newcs with my smartreader+ on my XP laptop and it works very well, no freezing, so it must be something in my Vista setup. However, using Acamd as a newcs client in GBPVR gave me the exact same result as using Acamd stand alone in GBPVR. So I wonder if you've got some values in acamd.ini that I don't have. If you've got the time, could you post your acamd.ini? There are no keys inside, so I figured this would not be a problem on this site.

I dont have an acamd.ini file.

The only thing I changed when I installed the plugin was adding a line in the cardclient.conf file to point it at my newcs server.

Hmmm, it seems to be working now, so I'm very happy at the moment. But I don't want to get to excited, because I've been there before.

In ProgDVD I needed to use the file ACamd_PMT.txt to get Acamd working so I was also using this with GBPVR. But now I've changed Acamd.ini so it doesn't use this file anymore. And I've also reinstalled Vista and I just made my first recording and watched it on my PCH.

Newcs still gives me freezes, so I'm using Acamd without any server.

Thanks for your help and I hope I won't have to come back for new Multidec problems!

Great - glad you got it going. Hopefully it stays that way.