Thread: Gonna play with Sage for a while...

Gonna play with Sage for a while...

I wanted to play with Sage TV for a while, and see if I there are things I can/should do with UltraXMLTV Enhancer to work over there...

I would like to be able to flit back and forth from GB-PVR to Sage. Anything that I need to know, services to disable, mvp dongles to use?

Thanks for the help.
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

The Sage uninstaller breaks the BDA infrastructure. Other than that, I can' help. I wasn't impressed enough with Sage to keep it on my machine long. Found GB-PVR and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    The Sage uninstaller breaks the BDA infrastructure. Other than that, I can' help. I wasn't impressed enough with Sage to keep it on my machine long. Found GB-PVR and never looked back.
    I do not expect to switch to the 'dark side' ( just having fun sage-guys!)

Since I don't have anything BDA-ish, I won't worry.

Originally Oz and I thought about making the Enhancer and other utilities universal. I guess it's one more step...

By the way, where is Oz?
    Frank Z

It breaks it? So, what, uninstalling Sage means reinstalling the capture cards and maybe GBPVR? ... or worse?

zehd, I thought you moved to OZ months ago. Was wondering why your nick still says Canada, actually.
    I bet Michael Bay uses GBPVR because it's awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo

Dunno where OZ is. Been wondering that myself. He and Jim just seem to have disappeared.

Usually to fix the broken BDA you just have to right click bda.inf (C:\Windows\System32 I think) and choose install. The Silicondust guys incorporated the fix into the HDHomeRun drivers because it was so frequently happening. You might have to reinstall your capture card drivers as well, I can't remember for sure on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusxmachina View Post
    zehd, I thought you moved to OZ months ago. Was wondering why your nick still says Canada, actually.
    Hah. Anyone really paying attention, (My GOD I have a lot of posts on here) would have seen Gold Coast, Australia, for about three months. And when the location changed to Calgary, Canada, was the day I came back.

I was actually thinking of yanking all of the posts regarding my failed move. But didn't think anyone had noticed, so didn't bother...

Then along came you
    Frank Z

The SageTV dongle is completely different so there is no issue there but you will need to do the full power cycle. Narflex didn't want mvpmc support or it wouldn't have been an issue.

I noticed you moved too.

Martin