Thread: MovieWiz deleting nonexistent titles

MovieWiz deleting nonexistent titles

I was wondering how Moviewiz could delete titles that I have deleted the file from my server. I hit the detect new content button, but it detected new stuff, not the stuff that got deleted - seems to stay in there.

Also, is there anyway to have it run a detect new content automatically nightly or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    I was wondering how Moviewiz could delete titles that I have deleted the file from my server. I hit the detect new content button, but it detected new stuff, not the stuff that got deleted - seems to stay in there.

Also, is there anyway to have it run a detect new content automatically nightly or something?

Thanks
    The most current version of MovieWiz has had some changes around this function. I don't have the code in front of me, but I think this is how it works:
    • In the plugin, when you attempt to play a title, if it is NOT found, it attempts to see if you transcoded and searches for the movie filename with a different extension (ie .avi, .mp4, .mov,...). If it is NOT found, I believe it marks it as hidden (ie. appends @@ to the title). Hidden items will not show in the plugin.
    • In the config program, there is a 'Sync Archive' (don't remember the exact text) button. This will run thru the DB and attempt to locate the entries as above, and mark the ones not found as hidden.
    • There is a batch interface (MovieWizManager.exe) that can be run from a batch file to run the sync, and a function called 'delete hidden', to remove the hidden entries from the db.
    So, the locate new content button will NOT remove deleted entries, use the Sync and Delete Hidden functions. You can schedule MovieWizManager (via AT command) to run these functions on a Daily, Weekly, etc.. basis to automate these functions.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Thanks! I also wanted to know about installing the new version. Do I install over the top of the other and that's it? I would figure this is the way it works so you don't lose the database but I wanted to make sure before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    Thanks! I also wanted to know about installing the new version. Do I install over the top of the other and that's it? I would figure this is the way it works so you don't lose the database but I wanted to make sure before doing it.
    Yes, simply install over the old version, the database will be left alone.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client