Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some ICL Plugin issues...

Some ICL Plugin issues...

ICL is a fantastic Plugin - congratulations on producing something truly "cool"

Some little issues kicking around though :-

1) since I updated to the latest version of sources.xml from the wiki (as opposed to the original included with the plugin), I no longer see the cinema details (name, address, etc).

2) Some trailers dont download. Checking the log, it appears that slight differences in film names means that trailers get missed. E.g.
    24/01/2008 21:11:33 No trailers found for Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem
    24/01/2008 21:11:33 No trailers found for Mr. Magorium

yet on Dave's trailer page we find trailers available for :-
    "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem"
    "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"

I guess an extra parsing module is needed which to attempts to find a maximum correlation between requested and available names, should the "No trailers found" condition occurs. It looks like a simple full stop or minor abbreviation can throw a spanner in the works.

3) When viewing film listings, Only the American rating appears to be available at the top level listing. To check out the country specific rating - it is necessary to browse into the info section of a film to determine the certificate. Would it be possible for the top level certificate listing to be made regionalised ?
    A short vb script that swaps the details around in the films.xml file could achieve this result, but it would be tidier to make this an option.

Am running the latest downloadable copies of all GBRPVR + ICL + Weather plugins.

I've attached a copy of my logfile.

Thanks,

Julian

Just to add to that i have no problem with number 1, that must be something specific to your cinema or the scrape, but i have noticed some trailers are missed. Maybe some logic to exclude things like 'Vs.' 'and' 'the' and grammar like full stops etc might help. Given the use of two sources (the trailers part is excellent, imho) the matches are never going to be perfect though.
    As for the ratings, i dont have kids so its not really a concern!
    GBPVR: A64 X2 6000+, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, 4GB ram, 8800GT GFX, 2x Nova-T DVB-T, 1x D-Box2 Cable reciever, 2x Wired MVP's, 1.0.16. Vista.
    Plugins: MusicLibrary2, Weather, Int Cinema Listings, Burn DVDX2, D-Box2 Plugin, DVD Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by jflet1 View Post
    1) since I updated to the latest version of sources.xml from the wiki (as opposed to the original included with the plugin), I no longer see the cinema details (name, address, etc).
    This is due to a change on easycinema.com. To get around this you can edit the cinemas.xml file manually, filling in the missing details. then simply set the file as read-only, this way it won't be overwritten when the next update runs.

2) Some trailers dont download. Checking the log, it appears that slight differences in film names means that trailers get missed.
    This will always be a problem area, and unless I get a load of free time or an offer of help I'm happy to leave it as is for now. It does do a surprisingly good job

3) When viewing film listings, Only the American rating appears to be available at the top level listing. To check out the country specific rating - it is necessary to browse into the info section of a film to determine the certificate. Would it be possible for the top level certificate listing to be made regionalised ?
    Hmm, never spotted this before! It's a bug, will look into it.

>This will always be a problem area, and unless I get a load of free time or an
    > offer of help I'm happy to leave it as is for now. It does do a surprisingly good
    > job

I'm up for the challenge.

If you could forward me the code chunk that searches the scraped trailer listings - I'll try and come up with some improved algorithms...

I'm up for the challenge.
    If you PM me your email address I can send you the source code.

When viewing film listings, Only the American rating appears to be available at the top level listing. To check out the country specific rating - it is necessary to browse into the info section of a film to determine the certificate. Would it be possible for the top level certificate listing to be made regionalised ?
    The latest sources.xml file on the wiki fixes this problem.

nothing loading

I just installed gbpvr v.1.3.11 and the new cinema listings but no matter what I try it will not download any information, I entered the 5 digit code but nothing, just a blank screen........

.......help
    ĕŦŭр Ϊş Ǻś ǾĻŁǒЩ
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Intel Pentium 4 3.40GHz | 2Gb DDR Ram | ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb DDR | NZXT Trinity Black Tower | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Hauppauge PVR-350 And PVR-150MCE | 1.0 Tb Maxtor Storage | Gbpvr v1.3.11

Did you know this thread is a year old!?

Post your cinema IDs, sources used and zip and attach C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Plugins\InternationalCinemaListi ngs\CinemaPluginUpdate.log

does anyone even use this plugin anymore ?

I'm using
    usa fandango aajnh,
    usa imdb 7132
    usa zap2it 9135
    ĕŦŭр Ϊş Ǻś ǾĻŁǒЩ
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Intel Pentium 4 3.40GHz | 2Gb DDR Ram | ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb DDR | NZXT Trinity Black Tower | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Hauppauge PVR-350 And PVR-150MCE | 1.0 Tb Maxtor Storage | Gbpvr v1.3.11

I use it and really enjoy it

One of the built in limitations is that it uses websites that can change at anytime. The new google movie site works really well for me in Canada!
    PVRx2 v1.4.7|Hauppauge 150 with 45 button remote & HVR1600|Cyberlink for DVD and BDA multiplexer|
    evga nvidia gforce 6200: Pentium(R)4 cpu 2.4 GHz 3 Gb ram|Windows XP: 1 MVP