Thread: MovieWiz

MovieWiz

Hi, just installed it on my dev machine. Very nice Been missing a movie based plugin since reven left.

Wondering if some of the following are on the road map:

• Multiple directories for videos - this is one of the big advantages of a db based system (why I did it for my music player)
    • TV Episode looked - any chance of this? Although I like that you've implemented a manual way of updating the db.

I hope to add this to my system to take care of my Movie playing needs. Keep up the good work.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Multiple directories:
    You can select/browse different directories to import your movies in in the setup app.
    Currently Running: 1.4.7
    HTPC:
    Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2 Mobo w/ 945P chipset / CPU: Intel P4 3.0GHz
    RAM: 3GB RAM / Video: ASUS Radeon X300SE 128Mb PCIx 16
    Tuner(s): ATI TV 650 Dual (PCIx)

Feeding:
    2 - Wired MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Multiple directories for videos - this is one of the big advantages of a db based system (why I did it for my music player)
    Not quite sure what you mean, you can import from any directory on your system, as well as import from your Recordings list.

Recordings import can occur right from within PVRX2 as well by pressing the Red remote button (or Ctrl-R).
    TV Episode looked - any chance of this? Although I like that you've implemented a manual way of updating the db.
    Episode lookup, at time of import, it does a TheTvDb.com episode lookup, or manually from the config, you can force a TheTvDb lookup. How else would you like to see it implemented?
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean, you can import from any directory on your system, as well as import from your Recordings list.

Recordings import can occur right from within PVRX2 as well by pressing the Red remote button (or Ctrl-R).
    When I was importing on the main screen of the config app, it gave me the option of selecting (what I thought) only one directory. But I've just realised that movie wiz only imports when I tell it to - is that correct, i.e it doesn't monitor directories?? If so then I see how I can get other drives into the database.. Figured it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Episode lookup, at time of import, it does a TheTvDb.com episode lookup, or manually from the config, you can force a TheTvDb lookup. How else would you like to see it implemented?
    I had some tv shows in there, but none of them were picked it, so I assumed that bit wasn't in there. What naming standard do the tv shows have to follow to be picked up??

I have some that are ShowName\SxxExx.avi (the showname being the directory name. And others that are ShowName\SxxExx-EpisodeName
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

I had some tv shows in there, but none of them were picked it, so I assumed that bit wasn't in there. What naming standard do the tv shows have to follow to be picked up??

I have some that are ShowName\SxxExx.avi (the showname being the directory name. And others that are ShowName\SxxExx-EpisodeName
    For those shows not being imported from recordings, in the title field (on the Manage Content tab), enter Series Name|Episode name, ie Pipe character seperating series and episode. It should do a TheTvDb lookup then.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Great thanks.

If so then I see how I can get other drives into the database..
    JW is also working on a command line version where you will be able to specify a list of dirs and you can schedule it, so the whole finding movie-data-process will be automatic. THAT will be so cool :-)

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Sounds very cool

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    JW is also working on a command line version where you will be able to specify a list of dirs and you can schedule it, so the whole finding movie-data-process will be automatic. THAT will be so cool :-)

k.
    I'm a little bit less optimistic about an 'automatic' process, considering the effort it takes to find the appropriate entries on imbc.com etc. due to typos, wrong spelling and stuff ...
    Still, I do agree that a command line version will be cool !
    GBPVR 1.3.11 Loewe Xemix 5106 DVD Player Case Noritake 20045 Series 4x20 VFD Win XP HomePro
    AOpen i915GMm-HFS Pentium Mobile 1.7 GHz Pinnacle DVB-T Matsushita SlimLime DVD 160 GB 2.5" Fujitsu Hornet
    Plugins: Movie Wizard External Display TV Listings

Quote Originally Posted by iwan View Post
    I'm a little bit less optimistic about an 'automatic' process, considering the effort it takes to find the appropriate entries on imbc.com etc. due to typos, wrong spelling and stuff ...
    Still, I do agree that a command line version will be cool !
    Ah...but the process will still be automatic ... even if the result is exactly the same as the manual executable. The results are out of JW's hands though ...

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.