Thread: Move images to recording folder

Hybrid View

Move images to recording folder

Would it be possible to have the ProgramImageTool (PIT) look in the Recordings folder for folders, copy the appropriate image from the media/art folder, move the image to the appropriate folder and then rename it folder.jpg?

So if I record "The Office", it creates a folder "The Office". So PIT will look in the recordings folder and see "The Office". Then PIT will look in the media/art folder to see if "The Office.jpg" exists. If it does, it will move it to "The Office" folder in Recordings, and rename it folder.jpg.

Currently, I have to manually do this everytime I record an episode. Just thought this would be a nice feature to have with this tool.

Thanks!

You may wish to have a look at JavaWiz's ShowImageTool (Batch version) too, it has some more options, but I'm not sure if this is one?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Yep, you sure can...
    From the wiki
    * First run the Program with the /File option…

ProgramImageTool.exe /File %1

* This will download an image to the media/art directory.
    * Second, run this line which will copy the image to the media library

FOR /F "TOKENS=3 DELIMS=\" %%A IN ("%~dp1") DO copy "media\art\%%A.jpg" "art\%%A.jpg"

* You will need to replace TOKENS=3 with TOKENS= the number of directory structures deep that your show records to.
    o For example, If your show recording directory is D:\Recordings then you would use 3

‘D:\Recordings\The Simpsons\The Simpsons_20070106_01300200.mpg’ is 3 directories deep.

* Optionally, if you would like to copy the image to the folder where the recording is stored you could add this as the second line

FOR /F "TOKENS=3 DELIMS=\" %%A IN ("%~dp1") DO copy "media\art\%%A.jpg" "%~dp1\%%A.jpg"

* Again, replacing TOKENS=3 with the appropriate number.
    ----------------------
    PVRX2 1.3.11
    Shuttle SG33G5 Case
    Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz -- 4 GB RAM
    Hauppauge PVR-150
    Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner
    Onboard Intel GMA 3100 through HDMI -- 500GB
    37" Westinghouse LCD (1920 x 1080p)

Projects
    Program Image Tool

Oh, I saw that and thought it only had to do with XRecord, so I kinda skipped it.

Thanks...

Maybe I'll clarify that in the wiki...
    it's basically for if you want to move the downloaded image to another directory no matter what you're using.
    It was written before the gui allowed images in the recordings dialog, so maybe i'll update it to be a little more PVRX2 friendly
    ----------------------
    PVRX2 1.3.11
    Shuttle SG33G5 Case
    Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz -- 4 GB RAM
    Hauppauge PVR-150
    Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner
    Onboard Intel GMA 3100 through HDMI -- 500GB
    37" Westinghouse LCD (1920 x 1080p)

Projects
    Program Image Tool

ok how to get it to create the folder.jpg file please