Thread: WinTV-Nova-T-500

WinTV-Nova-T-500

Hi
    I am very new to GBPVR and have just installed it after reading so many positive posts on this forum. I would be very grateful for some advice. I have installed a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T500 PCI card but GBPVR does not seem to recognize it and the card does not appear in the drop down menu in the capture source menu. It would appear from the forums that this card works with GBPVR so I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums Make sure you picked "BDA recording plugin" instead of "Direct recording plugin" (the latter is for analogue devices)
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

And tick the box under there for "Only show devices detected on this machine"

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    Welcome to the forums Make sure you picked "BDA recording plugin" instead of "Direct recording plugin" (the latter is for analogue devices)
    Thank you for your help. Works a treat now.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    And tick the box under there for "Only show devices detected on this machine"
    Thank you for your assistance. All working well now. What a great forum.